Unofficial Mills

driving test

DC

everybody who is over 30 who i have spoken to seems a bit confused about this minor thing, i just tell them my result was good. as i gather they used to take their theory and driving tests all on the same day, the instuctor just used to ask some random traffic questions before you took the test.

i will be driving on the motorway later as well which is quite a scary thought.

on the grid.

thanks all.

i think i am getting more and more used to it as time goes on. the last three nights i have been out trying to adapt to night driving, which is easier for me becuase there aren't as many cars on the road. but i have just being going 2 or 3 miles away from my house, places that i know. i need to go on the motorway on my own to be honest, but i need somewhere to drive to. i think i'll go at night the first time, pick a place and take the satnav with me.

on the grid.

Some motorways are difficult at night, they dont all have street lights, so you have to be careful and aware of everthing around, sure you will be fine...

Pfft, you should try driving in to Glasgow, its like wacky races and its everyman (or woman!) for themselves. Its a nightmare for people cutting from one lane into another.

Pfft, you should try driving in to Glasgow, its like wacky races and its everyman (or woman!) for themselves. Its a nightmare for people cutting from one lane into another.

I don't mind the drive to Glasgow but as soon as it goes 5 lanes and as you said becomes like wacky races that's when I get scared! ha ha. I love driving on the motorway tho!!! I just love driving full stop :D

glitzy.jpg

• 1 month later...
Just the hour, I just have a tendency to look at the gear stick instead of the road when changing gears!

Everyone does that I am sure! You find you spend your first few lessons worrying about what is going on inside the car and not noticing what is going on outside it! Once you start doing it all in your stride you'll laugh when you look back!!!

You've still got a couple of lessons of doing absolutely everything wrong and deciding your never driving again to look forward to!!! ha ha

glitzy.jpg

Whilst you have my congratulations for passing your test (My sister passed on her 7th time!), my views on driving are well documented but for clarity's sake I shall repeat them here.

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who sit in the front and drive and those who sit in the back and tell the people in front where to drive.

I place myself firmly in the latter catagory. I have people to do all the important things in my life.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.