Unofficial Mills

Annie Mac and Grimmy reunited

Jono

On 9/21/2023 at 7:32 PM, Jono said:

Annie and Grimmy on Radio 1 and the new podcast here 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/sep/21/nick-grimshaw-annie-macmanus-podcast-interview

Grimmy didn't seem too impressed with the idea anyone over 30 wasn't meant to listen to his breakfast show.

if you are to be a on a youth station wanting a hip and trendy breakfast show like Nick did it’s not supposed to be the station your mum and dad enjoy it like you do. Think that Grimmy would have an attitude and eye that is at odds with the current management of the radio 1 and bbc three networks.

eventually think when few figures like Marc, Gid, RadMac leave 6 I think Annie and Nick having a show together on the station would sound good.

On 9/21/2023 at 8:28 PM, xxladybarefootxx said:

Really love that interview with Grimmy & Annie. It’s sounding like almost exactly the kind if podcast I am hoping Scott & Chris will make one day - two mates chatting about whatever they fancy

I remember that Chris Stark as part of his contract at Global he was set to host and create a sports podcast for the companies slats of originals maybe sitting along News Agents as a topical podcast almost a year into his Global career not any sign of the podcast.

On 9/22/2023 at 12:07 AM, BBCAaron said:

I remember that Chris Stark as part of his contract at Global he was set to host and create a sports podcast for the companies slats of originals maybe sitting along News Agents as a topical podcast almost a year into his Global career not any sign of the podcast.

Yep im dissapointed that stark has not managed to do more than just breakfast at global. Anyone else think if Mills ever gets Radio 2 Breakfast he would come back?

On 9/22/2023 at 8:45 AM, TheSaviourisHere said:

Yep im dissapointed that stark has not managed to do more than just breakfast at global. Anyone else think if Mills ever gets Radio 2 Breakfast he would come back?

As much as I would love Chris to join Scott on R2, I can’t help but think the bosses there might see him as too much of “a lad” and not in keeping with the middle class vibe they seem to have going on

On 9/22/2023 at 9:50 AM, UnofficialStark said:

Wonder if Grimmy and Annie's podcast might get played out during a graveyard slot on a BBC Station? It would certainly bring back memories of when they did overnights on R1 together.

Assuming it's a 6Music production it would go out on there. Did I read that right?

On 9/22/2023 at 1:41 PM, UnofficialStark said:

Says nothing about 6Music in the press release: https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediace...unite-new-podcast-bbc-sounds @Jono

How interesting. Seemed to be promoted on the 6Music socials! Don't know where their natural place is these days.

On 9/22/2023 at 1:41 PM, UnofficialStark said:

Says nothing about 6Music in the press release: https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediace...unite-new-podcast-bbc-sounds @Jono

Yes saw that I guess it’s for now at-least exclusively on sounds. I know they did end up repeating James Acaster’s music podcast after months or year after it started. So maybe it maybe something they could do but guess its seeing how popular it gets and what audience

I noticed that they will be amusingly on Future Sounds. Something Annie might’ve not thought she’d be back on Future Sounds part of ‘one night with’ series that Clara does don’t know what that entails as New Music Fix is my evening go to for radio.

I know it’s a ‘flagship’ music podcast guess trying to make it like how ‘Newscast’ is the BBC’s flagship domestic news podcast. Think they want it to allow itself to find its feet. But naturally in five years time the pair could work on 6 Music as some of the elder presenters and listeners switch off and leave the station

On 9/22/2023 at 11:38 PM, BBCAaron said:

I noticed that they will be amusingly on Future Sounds. Something Annie might’ve not thought she’d be back on Future Sounds part of ‘one night with’ series that Clara does don’t know what that entails as New Music Fix is my evening go to for radio.

I know it’s a ‘flagship’ music podcast guess trying to make it like how ‘Newscast’ is the BBC’s flagship domestic news podcast. Think they want it to allow itself to find its feet. But naturally in five years time the pair could work on 6 Music as some of the elder presenters and listeners switch off and leave the station

Hardcore 6Music fans hate the influx of Radio 1 DJs. Guess it'll be a sticking point like with Radio 2.

There’s that 6 Music listeners are a complex bunch it is now my station of choice and know some moan and groan with the song choices would be marmite with Mary Anne Hobbs and with Annie and Gemma Cairney doing cover think they have an interest of rocking its listener boat. But it sure is a sticking point think they are barely to have an influx some of their presenters compared to Radio 2 haven’t got as much former Radio 1 DJs

Just listened to it. Enjoyed it a lot. Also feels like Grimmy talking celebrities that aren't just the ones in his phone book which makes a change ? Felt like it left me wanting more. I was just getting into it when it finished! 

24 minutes ago, Jono said:

Just listened to it. Enjoyed it a lot. Also feels like Grimmy talking celebrities that aren't just the ones in his phone book which makes a change ? Felt like it left me wanting more. I was just getting into it when it finished! 

Agreed, did feel really short. Although I see it more as the pilot episode and will build more within time.