The Football Season 2007/08

John

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chelsea will not beat Newcastle. Although that said, on current form Newcastle could score 3 or 4 goals, but also conceede 3 or 4 goals lol. Until the result on monday, United to do the double!

i'd love us to win our last home game but we have nothing to gain to be honest, if we lose i won't be too bothered though if it turns out for the best in the end. i'll give keegan credit becuase for all they slagged him off when he came back, he went through a bad spot and still has got newcastle playing better football, a stark contrast to what's been going around the club for the last few years. he's bought the best out of a number of our players, owen is starting to look like he used to again. all the attackers have benifited from him plus geremi, butt, duff is coming back and milner too. what he does in the summer is what counts to me, we really need some defenders, keep taylor and let n'zogbia go if he wants to. to be honest we don't want half decent players at a bargain price like big sam looked to do becuase we aren't short on money. just make sure we don't go for names and go for quality.

on the grid.

• 2 weeks later...

In 24 Hours i will be in Manchester!

In 30 Hours Rangers could be Uefa Cup Champions!

I saw people heading to glasgow dressed in Kilts and Rangers tops :P Im Guessing they are Manchester Bound! Anyone in Manchester or Blackpool noticed many Rangers fans yet??

It seems if you lined up all the cars and buses expected to travel down tomorrow bumper to bumper it would be 13 mile long... :D

My Photos are online at www.markohare.com

Remember it's not whether you win or lose but how drunk you get. A message which the rangers fans seemily took to heart last night

There were tens of thousands of fans in Manchester last night for the game, such a shame that the build up to the final had been tarred by the Manchester police initially advising fans against travelling then following. I feel really sorry for the thousands of supporters badly let down by the screen breaking down, little wonder the fans started fighting with police whatwith the frustration and booze in their system.

According to the daily record there were 175,000 Gers fans in Manchester. Things ended badly with bottles being thrown and a 'riot' but as much as the media will make this about rangers fans it was a tiny amount of incredibly angry people who were missing the football despite travelling hundreds of miles.

I was getting good feedback from people from Manchester, Rangers fans will get all the blame but the lack of planning and the riot cops out in force is enough to escalate any situation.

I had a brilliant day the result didn't even matter, the pride of seeing your team in a European final and taking 175000 fans to Manchester and putting 39000 in ibrox to watch on a big screen [despite thousands not being able to see it because there was only supposed to be 25000] Is Amazing!

Apologies to the people of Manchester your city is a bit of a wreck today but maybe the 25million we spent yesterday pays for it. Any investigation has to put at least some of the blame on Manchester City Council and The Police who sent Riot van after Riot van into the area. They were useless as well maybe instead of dragging youngsters across the ground they should have stopped the local dealers selling pills in the Fan zones.

the f*cking english police c*nts.

i saw the first half but had to go before the first goal came. rangers defended well but they didn't look like they could string a good counter attack together with only one upfront.

on the grid.

I saw CCTV footage of Rangers fans tripping up a cop and then, like a pack of wolves, kick the crap out of him, no need for that regardless of the fact he had POLICE on the front and back of his body, no excuse what so ever.

Manchester also looks like a warzone from the pictures I have seen, good luck clearing that up

At the time of my last post i hadn't seen some of the footage. There was no excuse for the Riot or the heavyhanded policing.

There was 170,000+ Peaceful Rangers fans and a couple of hundred drunken fools [some of whom not rangers fans] spoilt it and the reputation of Rangers who up until manchester went away in Europe 9 times with No Arrests.

---

R.I.P Tommy Burns

i think that most of the rangers fans were there for the game and were well behaved. but there were some scots who went there just for the trouble, possibly don't even support rangers. they just used the occasion as an excuse to cause trouble and damage english land and damage english people. thanks to them starting trouble, our world cup bid seems distant now.

the police were heavy handed but i think it went both ways, did anyone see the footage where they all jumped on the one police officer on his own?

on the grid.

but there were some scots who went there just for the trouble, possibly don't even support rangers. they just used the occasion as an excuse to cause trouble and damage english land and damage english people. thanks to them starting trouble, our world cup bid seems distant now.

Hmm. It might be right that some scots went down for a bit of trouble but there were also a good few english people amongst the rangers fans didnt seem to have any links to rangers [no tops no scarfs...]

Not one of those arrested were season ticket holders at Ibrox

i dont think your point about scots going to down to start trouble to damage the english people is right. Rangers fans tend to be more british than scottish if you know what i mean.

I seriously doubt England's bid to host the world cup will have been affected by that tiny minority of 'rangers' fans. Other than Gordon Brown has anyone said anything about this?

Alcohol, you know that nice safe drug that's legal and costs the economy millions in court fees, policing, paramedics, firefighters, hospital time and beds and innocent lives wrecked by morons high on 'A'. Perhaps they should make it class B.

All the riots I've seen or been caught up in are alcohol fuelled.

'The light at the end of the tunnel was the light of an oncoming train'

the final itself yesterday lacked a bit, but it's great to see a major trophy being contested for by the likes of portsmouth and cardiff. it gives hope to everyone else as well, that man u or chelsea aren't going to win every trophy going.

on the grid.

I've done a bit of research into the russian in charge at SW1. It seems he hasn't really put any money into the club, but lent it. Don't know how that would leave the club should things go mammaries elevated in the future.

'The light at the end of the tunnel was the light of an oncoming train'