Unofficial Mills

The Football Season 2007/08

John

We are about 2 months away from the start of the new season, so there will be plenty of transfer talk, and manegerial changes to come in the pre season. Not to mention all the Euro qualifiers this summer.

The whole reality of Leeds been in League one hit home today when I went to search Leeds news on BBC Sport and saw us in the League One section along with the likes of Bournmouth, Yeovil and Hartlepool.

take control

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dc wanted to be the creator!!!

well its great to see the goalscorers in the england game tonight. becks and owen putting in the effort as well. with all the injury and misfortune that owen has had he deserves that too, and i hope beckhams ankle injury isn't too bad. but we still have work to do and we are playing germany (friendly), israel & russia soon so we have to keep the act together.

on the grid.

The whole reality of Leeds been in League one hit home today when I went to search Leeds news on BBC Sport and saw us in the League One section along with the likes of Bournmouth, Yeovil and Hartlepool.

and Southend :(

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

anyone who says beckham is crap now must be stevie wonder. we need that type of passing accuracy in the game, we tried the pace thing. but it's no good if lennon is just going to sky it into the crowd.

sod what the papers say, for madrid and england he's been doing his talking on the pitch.

on the grid.

Fixtures are out there are some interesting first day games.

Opening Day: 11 August.

Arsenal v Fulham

Aston Villa v Liverpool

Bolton v Newcastle

Chelsea v Birmingham

Derby v Portsmouth

Everton v Wigan

Man Utd v Reading

Middlesbrough v Blackburn

Sunderland v Tottenham

West Ham v Man City

France, Thats Right.

oh look at how chelsea start at home, f*cking cheating w*nkers and so on...

big sams facing his old team first then. i dont expect to win away to bolton to be honest, but it's best for him to get that out of the way first.

on the grid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6759697.stm

ha, happy ending afterall. they will miss him a lot though, at least they realise the mistake they made of getting rid of him. i am glad they stole the title from the gloryhunters but real will be less interesting to watch now without the likes of beckham, zidane, roberto carlos etc.

well the serbs managed to discrace themselves via the players and fans then last night:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/6753585.stm

it will somehow be all the english' fault though, i bet we started it etc. and what the hell did huddlestone do? it was like the serbs told the ref what to do, he couldn't of said anything that bad becuase he walked a fair distance away into the 18 yard box. if it was so bad he would of called him back to send him off when he was walking away.

on the grid.

jesus christ! poor oba:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/6221622.stm

i'd get out of that place if i were him. he has the money.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6220882.stm

and i hope big al is right, he is a good player but he isn't worth the trouble. but if owen dosent want to stop i can see them trying to sort out some form of swap or somthing. i dont want that personally.

on the grid.

How unlucky were the U21's last night, was an amezzin performance to hang on in the 2nd half and extra time like they did, and they were very unlucky on the penalty's, most of them should have been retaken, their goalkeeper was nearly on his 6 yard box by the time he saved it. The main England team could learn a lot from the youngsters.

France, Thats Right.

thats true, but we still need to sort out this penalty thing though. either learn to take chances in the game or just get better at them. holland will go on and win it all now. luck and jammyness is the key in football.

on the grid.

mabie he can still do good there though, by smashing puyol and lionel fluffys heads together until there is nothing left of them. mind you i bet they both face a different type of head in the changing room. big clubs buying players at 30 years old for that much, two years for 16 million barca and thats if he dosent get injured again. they should of looked at chelsea and shevchenko. 31, had a crap season, and is slowing down already. young talent is the way.

on the grid.

Im glad you think that 16million is way too much for Henry too DC. I was chattin to a mate in the pub (a L'Arse fan) and he was saying how Arsenal should have got at least 30Million for Henry, he couldnt seem to grasp that he is too old to be worth that much. Grrrr boboboboes me off. Im surprised they got as much as they did for a 30year old sicknote. Anyway, im glad the winging french arse is gone from the Premiership.

France, Thats Right.

arsenal should be laughing, they have had his best years. i still think he is a good player now, and yes now. but he is 30 years old and whats he going to be like in 2010? it's like robbie fowler in 2001 when he left liverpool, look at the difference between then and when he came back. players get old and henry is one of the ageing ones. chelsea as i said made the same mistake last year, and so did ac milan with ronaldo. you can understand fernabrache buying carlos from madrid becuase they are a smaller club and they want a bit of experience at the back. but arsenal > barca > henry case for that much is stupid. unless they are at a low price or on a free it is pointless. but then again, ballack was on a free for chelsea and he has managed to lose them the title i think. he's been awful. young talent is still the way.

on the grid.

• 2 weeks later...

Hooray, Rangers have finally signed a player for this season, apparently he is a Ossasuna central defender, I just wish David Murray would start investing money back into the team as he appears to be too stingy to put a decent offer in for Steven Naismith.

Last night I also sat down and watched part of the FC Basel V Celtic game, was rather boring and unimpressive as Celtic struggled to a 1-0 win.