Unofficial Mills

Arctic Monkeys new album - pile of poo

Jono

Yeah, been listening it today since I got it this morning. Wasn't expecting much musically, but it really is a pile of poo. The equivalent of the latest RHCP album, where all the songs sound the same.

The last album showed they were more of a singles band, now they don't even seem to be that.

they were never good to me anyway, but it seems they cant keep up their momentum. they cant re-invent themselves. i predict they are going to shove themselves further up their own arses and slag off radio 1 and such even more.

on the grid.

See i'm not a fan of these bands that are re-inventing music, although The Klaxons are a band that have done something for me. They're a group that I expected the Arctic Monkeys to be when they raved on about their new album.

I always think that the singer looks like a special needs kid. Mind you, he does talk like one too.

*is from Sheffield and sounds exatly like that* :cry:

I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor and When The Sun Goes Down were good, but they started to fall apart after that.

Yeah, been listening it today since I got it this morning. Wasn't expecting much musically, but it really is a pile of poo. The equivalent of the latest RHCP album, where all the songs sound the same.

The last album showed they were more of a singles band, now they don't even seem to be that.

I've had it for nearly two weeks and it hasn't grown on me as yet its not as instant as the first one and has nothing as catchy as dancefloor. I was quite disappointed with it and have to agree with the RHCP comparison oh well i'm sure loads of ppl will still buy it as theres so much hype surrounding it.

Download the Adam and Joe & Jon Richardson podcasts now!

I'm glad I never got caught up in the Arctic Monkeys tripe hype last year. They've got that sort of nouveau arrogance about them and to me represent what is really dire about living in the noughties. Needless to say, I've only heard Brianstorm from this latest outing and that was enough for me to refute any claim made by them to be surpassing themselves.