Unofficial Mills

What's the fascination of Primark?

Jono

What is it with people and primark? Why do people have this obsession to go there? Why do people want to shout to the world that they got their clothes for £4 or whatever? It's still baffling me, especially when you can't find what you want, people get in the way, and queues are massive.

I think primark is great, all my clothes are from there...hehe. The mens part of primark is actually quite tidy and you can find stuff, just the women's buit that looks like a bomb's hit it.

Where would we be if we did'ht have rules....?

France, Thats Right.

Oh it's the best shop in the world - you can get really well designed stuff for next to nothing and mix it with stuff from other shops and look great!

True it generally looks like an explosion in a jumble sale and the staff are really rude in my local one, but part of the attraction is that you find great little pieces really cheap in an unlikely place - just like Oxfam used to be and jumble sales before that :D

You don't expect stuff from in there to last, but then it's not meant to - it's high style which means it's soon out of style, but then at those prices it's no matter.

I agree with Kitty - I heart Primark!!

UM is a nice place

Ive never shopped in Primark. Its like H & M... things are just bunged on the rails in no particular order and you can never find anything. There may seem no logic to it, but id rather pay extra purely for ease and convienience :confused:

Ive become a Primark geek haha

Today, a lady in Sainsburys was wearing a really nice top and it was from Primark and I knew it. :D

I dont really go in there alot cos our nearest store is Leeds and its sometimes a pain to get to, but I get alot of my £1 strappy tops, £1.50 necklaces and generally really nice stuff.

Over the past 2 weeks I must've been in about 4/5 primark stores and got some good bargins in each one.

Actually everything im wearing today is from Primark apart from my Jeans which are from New Look.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Ive never shopped in Primark. Its like H & M... things are just bunged on the rails in no particular order and you can never find anything. There may seem no logic to it, but id rather pay extra purely for ease and convienience :confused:

I love the raking! H&M in Glasgow is a bit of a pain, but hopefully will be better when the new store opens!

caitlynmac.png

H & M is amazing. There's no crowds, the staff are friendly and it's all organised in Norwich!

Organised? Friendly? No crowds? The complete opposite from the H&M i know!

The one in Braehead is the absolute worst. All the staff have got faces like a slapped arse. Its like "cheer up love, it might never happen."

Most of my clothes are from primark now because when I go, I buy so much at once. People get really aggresive in there though, literally starting fights over tops and such.

I don't mind though, I love a bargain! I have a few things from george now too... haha

I love the H&M in the trafford centre, it's one of the only shops that isn't packed and messy.

I loooove the H&M in Southampton!

It's relatively tidy.

And not that organised but I love to just look through stuff.

'Cause then you normally find what you're looking for along with something you've found whilst looking through.

Hope that makes sense...

Absolutely love it though :D

Newspaper taxis appear on the shore,

Waiting to take you away.

I went to Primark today and admittedly it does look like a bomb's hit it, but there is some nice stuff. There's some quite random stuff too, but it's not all that much different really to what they're selling in TopShop. It's really good for cheap accessories. I got my pyjamas there, too. Did anyone see the riots when that one opened on Oxford Street recently? Crazy...

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Unless you like your sporting gear, there's nothing there for guys. You come out with stuff your dad would wear.

My Dad found a coat in primark for £6 last week, it made his actual day bless him haha He gets his shirts for work there too.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I don't agree, Jono. They do have some good tshirts and stuff for men that an 18 yr old could wear, just in general most men don't like the "gatherer" style of shopping - they want the goods right in front of their noses, walk in, buy it, walk out and go for a pint .

I don't mean to stereotype and of course there are exceptions but, mostly, they don't seem to see the fun in seeking the right clothes out from in amongst the rubbish and beating someone else to something great that's the last in your size.

That is unless you go shopping with a guy who's totally in touch with his feminine side and very comfortable about it, of course.

UM is a nice place

After reading this thread yesterday, i thought i was being a bit hasty when saying i didnt like Primark.

So, when i was in town today, i thought id pop in to primark and give it a go. I bought pjs, jumpers, tops... i spent too much :( Hmm, perhaps i was wrong.