Unofficial Mills

Morals

Mike

Ok, this is the situation i am in.

2 people that i know (both lads) have threatend 2 girls that i know that they want to fight them. i have said to the 2 girls that if the blokes lay a finger on them that i will batter the crap out of them, i was just wondering where people stood about these sort of issues

Should you let morals get in the way of life?

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

Ok, this is the situation i am in.

2 people that i know (both lads) have threatend 2 girls that i know that they want to fight them. i have said to the 2 girls that if the blokes lay a finger on them that i will batter the crap out of them, i was just wondering where people stood about these sort of issues

Should you let morals get in the way of life?

Threatening to fight with girls is just the lowest of the low and the guys should be ashamed of themselves for even contemplating it. I think the girls could probably handle themselves though with their nails and probably high heels.

I think it's probably right for you to intervene, but preferably before things get violent, and not in retaliation. I absolutely agree with Geezer in that it is completely wrong for guys to threaten girls with violence.

If it actually did happen, there's always Grace's point that they're liable for prosecution for their actions, just as you would be if it got out of hand...

Are you asking about morals or laws? There is a difference here really.

Morally, if two boys are threatening violence on two girls, you should protect them just because boys shouldn't threaten violence on anyone, and particularly not girls, and if they're your friends, you should make some kind of reasonable attempt to help them.

Legally, if you beat someone up, it would be assault, but unless they actually pressed charges and the police believed it was more than just a couple of boys having a little fight, you'd probably get away with it anyway. As long as you don't cause them too much harm, it'd be ok. Having said that, threatening people with violence is a crime, so if the girls feel seriously threatened, it might be better to go to the police.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Cindy! Spelling! I expected much better from you :P

Corrected.... well that was embarrassing, sorry.

In my defence, I haven't been getting enough sleep lately because I've been staying up late for no good reason and it affects my spelling.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'