Unofficial Mills

4oD

Has anybody got this?

It basically enables you to download a range of Channel 4 programmes and films to your PC.

I already have it on NTL VoD and the choice of programmes isn't really that great!

I downloaded and it's put my computer in a whole world of problems. It downloaded Microsoft.net framework 2 which put on something called Windows Genuine Advantage and it keeps claiming my Windows XP isn't genuine even when it is!

I downloaded and it's put my computer in a whole world of problems. It downloaded Microsoft.net framework 2 which put on something called Windows Genuine Advantage and it keeps claiming my Windows XP isn't genuine even when it is!

Oh i had that for ages. You can stop those messages coming up though. Just go to the icon down the bottom right and go to options. You opt for it not to display the messages.

As for 4oD, its not that great i dont think! I downloaded it last night, not impressed!

i just keep an eye on google video for anything good worth watching off of tv. someone uploaded the bbc documentry/drama about the twin towers that was aired last year, which i missed. so i managed to catch that, which i haven't seen repeated on tv at all yet.

on the grid.

There actually is watch before tv for 99p and lots of watch older programs for £1.99 but the only free things are big brother, desperate housewives and probably ugly betty. And the ones which haven't been screened yet cost 99p. The download times are awful (about 90mins for a 45min program on 1mbps internet)