Unofficial Mills

Celebrity Big Brother Boycott

Bexy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then... just ignore it?

I can't understand why you're making such a big deal out of it.

I don't like football but when that's mentioned on the radio and TV I don't go and start a thread about it.

It's almost as if you're trying to make a 'It's cool to hate reality TV/Big Brother' club, and the more noise you make, the cooler you look.

Regards,

Olly.

ok then we will vent it in the official thread.

you can treat it like the world cup if you like, we had the real thread where people who love and know football talked about it all in there. and then we had jono's. someone who has little chance of knowing who alan shearer was but still commented about football.

on the grid.

I have made it clear in my personal message next to my screen name and my signature on here that I am not interested in Big Brother. This is an attempt to stop people from trying to discuss with me the goings-on in the programme. I won't know what's going on in it, and I don't care. People still try to talk to me about it anyway, regardless.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I have made it clear in my personal message next to my screen name and my signature on here that I am not interested in Big Brother. This is an attempt to stop people from trying to discuss with me the goings-on in the programme. I won't know what's going on in it, and I don't care. People still try to talk to me about it anyway, regardless.

I've got a bright idea for you, just say you're not interested!

Why make a big song and dance about it... I just don't get it.

Regards,

Olly.

Then... just ignore it?

I can't understand why you're making such a big deal out of it.

I don't like football but when that's mentioned on the radio and TV I don't go and start a thread about it.

It's almost as if you're trying to make a 'It's cool to hate reality TV/Big Brother' club, and the more noise you make, the cooler you look.

Do you actually have any idea what you're on about? I wasn't trying to do that at all. I was simply stating that I don't like the programme, and I thought I'd create a thread for myself and other people who don't like it to talk about reasons why we don't like or what we will be doing instead of watching it.

How is one thread "making a big song and dance" about it? :-?

I don't see this thread having any longevity beyond the first few days of Big Brother

To me, it doesn't really matter how long this thread lasts. I don't like Big Brother and don't see myself changing my mind any time soon. That's what matters to me!

Do you actually have any idea what you're on about? I wasn't trying to do that at all. I was simply stating that I don't like the programme, and I thought I'd create a thread for myself and other people who don't like it to talk about reasons why we don't like or what we will be doing instead of watching it.

How is one thread "making a big song and dance" about it? :-?

Yes, I do actually have some idea what I'm talking about, believe it or not. I have eyes, and a brain.

I've had a great idea, every time I see something I don't like, I'll start a thread about it on here - wouldn't that be fantastic?

We could all start threads on here about how to run our lives, too. I can see it now!

Should I breathe tomorrow?

How many slices of toast should I have for breakfast?

What excuse can I use for not doing my homework?

Some guy/girl looked at me, do they fancy me?

Regards,

Olly.

This is a discussion forum. People are allowed to post threads about not liking a particular TV program. No one is telling you not to watch it. It's a choice, and some people like it, some people don't. I don't like how people get so damn militant about a TV program. You either enjoy it or you don't watch it. I don't see why we shouldn't discuss our reasons for disliking the program. It's got nothing to do with telling you how to live your life and you shouldn't react like it is.

I don't see how discussing Celebrity Big Brother is any more worthwhile on this forum than discussing the subjects you mentioned above.

Anyway, I'm not going to get into a fight, so I will exit here.

I don't like how people get so damn militant about a TV program. You either enjoy it or you don't watch it. I don't see why we shouldn't discuss our reasons for disliking the program. It's got nothing to do with telling you how to live your life and you shouldn't react like it is.

You think we're millitant about it, yet you're the ones starting a thread to whinge about it in?

Er... right...

It's like you're saying 'Wow, I'm so cool because I'm different and hate reality TV!' by posting this.. that's the issue I have with it.

Regards,

Olly.

You think we're millitant about it, yet you're the ones starting a thread to whinge about it in?

Er... right...

It's like you're saying 'Wow, I'm so cool because I'm different and hate reality TV!' by posting this.. that's the issue I have with it.

I'd like to point out that I didn't start this thread actually.

instead of being a sad act and stopping in tonight just to watch big brothel. i went out with a load of oldskool friends who went to high school with me. and we laughed our faces off about what we used to do back then and how we used to take the pi*s out of the teachers, and the things that happened.

thats enjoyment, i am still smiling now

well thats just way off i am afriad. we dont think we are cool or nothing becuase we are doing this. if you want it is an example that you dont have to be told what to like. i have nothing against people who watch big bother, but the fact is i am pi*sed off with people telling me i should watch a bunch of tw*ts walk around a house bitching about each other. i am not into celeb and gossip mags like hello magazine (which may be the reason i am pulling away from radio 1 again), so that may be the reason i am not interested in it. i would prefer to watch somthing like planet earth, that has a lot of hard work put into it. and this thread states the alternative options if you like.

on the grid.

We could all start threads on here about how to run our lives, too. I can see it now!

Should I breathe tomorrow?

How many slices of toast should I have for breakfast?

What excuse can I use for not doing my homework?

Some guy/girl looked at me, do they fancy me?

How is that in any way related to this thread??

As I've said before, that wasn't my intention at all and I don't see why you think it was.

DC - sounds like you had a really good night! :) I love catching up with old friends, it's what I'll be doing tomorrow. Aside from packing to go back to uni. Oh, and not watching Big Brother! :P