Laura's Book Signings

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my. What a day. I feel a bit of an idiot, I'll explain all:

John's Diary:

I woke up nice and early to get there on time, i actually arrived in York about 11.20. My first mission was to find a loo, i was bursting! And Costa Coffee's we're broken! So i sneaked into McDonalds. From there I walked across York towards Waterstones, it was about Midday at this point. I went into the store and saw stacks of Laura's Diary piled up and then glimpsed Laura at the signing table pre-signing a handful of books, and also saw James chatting to a few of the staff. I kinda sensed it wasn't time to make myself known so I loitered around the store for a little while until it got a little bit busier there. It was now about 12.20, so i asked a hot looking til girl what time it was due to start and she said it had already started (but it quite clearly hadn't!) so i continued to loiter until Laura appeared from somewhere and posed for pictures with the book for the local press (I'll try and find them pictures, i think it was something like Evening Standard - the photographer 'broke' the desk according to Laura). Then it was time for the signing. At this point my nerves we're just all over the place, i don't know what happened to me! I was 4th in the queue. When it came to my turn i introduced myself 'Hi, I'm John, I'm from Unofficial Mills' and she was happy to see me! I apologised about my nerves because at this point i was physically shaking - so she gave me a hug bless her! She then asked if Ema was going to be coming down because she knows you have Exams, so i think she was sorry not to see you! I had my book signed and I'll post a picture of that, and the man from the local newspaper took my Digi-Cam to take a couple of pictures with me and Laura together - I'll post them as well in a bit. I asked her about other signing dates but they're is nothing confirmed as yet - but she says she'll pop on and let us know about some other dates. After this, a reporter from Look North in Newcastle with a camera asked me a few questions about why i came to buy the diary - i cant even remember what i said to that guy! And then i payed for the book and left the store! Laura was absolutely lovely, and she did her best to put me at ease but i was shaking like crazy! I'm really glad to have met her. I read a bit of the book on the train home.

B.S.M.B.H

Btw - Ema, do you get the Look North for Newcastle or Yorkshire? If you can, can you put a tape in? They might not show my interview but just in-case

take control

Ohh eee,she asked about me!

Yeah,I was all geared up to come until last night when I found out that my exam might not finish until 12. It actually finished at 11:30 and I was proper annoyed that I wouldnt have time to run home,get changed and run to the train station in time for the book signing,and anyway my parents didnt leave me money and I wasnt going to ask the Builders! Sorry Laura!:cry:

So there might be some signed copies at York Waterstones if I go there this weekend? :-?

Im not too sure what Look north we actually get,ill have a look for you..but you can get it on Sky im sure.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Hehe you actually do look quite a lot like Scott.

That's awesome :biggrin: getting the book signed and meeting Laura. I still haven't got the book, won't get it till Monday :( stupid Waterstones, they must have sent all their copies to York or something.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'