Jump to content

Your Ideal Radio 1 Schedule


R1Fan1
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Old Codger Fan said:

I still think there's a place for a Rock Show - just not on Sundays! - Neatest solution would be to give it 7pm-8pm on Saturdays. That would just shave the first hour off the '1Xtra Takeover', and dedicated head-bangers could continue their adventure at 8pm with the R2 Rock Show ...

I mean agree that would be an idea to shake things up a bit and something if I was controller be willing to try to experiment and see how that goes I mean it will be similar level of energy to over Saturday progeamminf with different gear changes. I’d say worth a try then. I’m surprised that 6 Music hasn’t got a rock show of their own to at least have some content for Rock fans across BBC

Link to comment
Share on other sites


21 hours ago, BBCAaron said:

I mean agree that would be an idea to shake things up a bit and something if I was controller be willing to try to experiment and see how that goes I mean it will be similar level of energy to over Saturday progeamminf with different gear changes. I’d say worth a try then. I’m surprised that 6 Music hasn’t got a rock show of their own to at least have some content for Rock fans across BBC

Indeed. Extending my previous idea - Could then throw-in an 'In Concert' hour on 6Music, 9pm Saturdays. So then there would be a run of three hours altogether, of various shades of Rock, over three stations ... Caters amply for the leather-trousered amongst us, without making serious disruptions to any particular schedule - How's that for joined-up thinking?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Old Codger Fan said:

Indeed. Extending my previous idea - Could then throw-in an 'In Concert' hour on 6Music, 9pm Saturdays. So then there would be a run of three hours altogether, of various shades of Rock, over three stations ... Caters amply for the leather-trousered amongst us, without making serious disruptions to any particular schedule - How's that for joined-up thinking?

Good for joint up thinking. Feel some sort of in concert on 6 music would work as feel of something that feels like the 6 music listener would enjoy.

I’d think that with Craig Charles being twice on Saturday first 3 hours on 6M then 2 more hours on 2 that there’s space to amplify different genres in the sechedule 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Here is my final version of my schedule. Since I started making this in April, Radio 1 announced an awful lot of schedule changes which seemed to match up with my version, so the only real changes to daytime are some of the timings. When you get to post-4pm, I've made the most changes here, especially on the weekend.

Leaving you'd have Adele Roberts and Benji B (with DJ Target also leaving Radio 1 but staying on 1Xtra), and joining the station would be Rakeem Omar, Robyn Richford, Dave Treacy, Sam & Danni and Jess Iszatt. 

image.png.b7002f1bddd83941997e3ae730a6cbf4.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2021 at 12:07 PM, Lily Georgia said:

Jamie & Spencer are in for Jordan on Sunday 22nd August.

Sam & Danni are in for Arielle from Tuesday 31st August to Thursday 2nd September.

 

3 hours ago, R1Fan1 said:

Here is my final version of my schedule. Since I started making this in April, Radio 1 announced an awful lot of schedule changes which seemed to match up with my version, so the only real changes to daytime are some of the timings. When you get to post-4pm, I've made the most changes here, especially on the weekend.

Leaving you'd have Adele Roberts and Benji B (with DJ Target also leaving Radio 1 but staying on 1Xtra), and joining the station would be Rakeem Omar, Robyn Richford, Dave Treacy, Sam & Danni and Jess Iszatt. 

image.png.b7002f1bddd83941997e3ae730a6cbf4.png

I’d give Nels Rock and Indie but keep indie in an earlier times and still keep much of the 1 Xtra take over but There’d be pretty much an Indie & Rock Anthems and a future indie show one of course playing brand new fresh indie rock snd from new artists send returning people on more anthems of in current playlist and classics with indie disco party thing what ever used to be called with that kind of a track versus with a quiz thing.

Roughly something like this 

Nels Hylton- Future Indie & Rock

Jack Saunders - Indie & Rock Show / Future Artists

Jess Izsatt- Indie Rock Anthems

On Friday mid morning introduce an NMF New Music Friday show *maybe*

Benji B to 6 Music *possibly the Guy Garvey repeat slot Monday 00:00-02:00*

have Mo Ayobe taking his slot as Future Beats show. Have Benji over 6 Music covering for Jamz or Gilles when off. Moving R3 ‘Unclassified’ and ‘Late Junction’ to 6 Music

DJ Complexion show from 1X would move to R1

Launch Future Rap & Grime with Kenny Allstar (possibly) 

Playlists like ‘Happy hour’ that can be found on sounds that sound much like Jo Whileys or Sara Coxes half and hour playlist scrapped but certain times throughout the week informal happy half hour with some listener favourite songs and one feature or golden moment 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When 'new music Friday' came about in 2015, Radio 1 did make a big deal of it, playing most of the weeks new releases on early breakfast after 5am, along with giving those that hadn't been instantly added spot plays throughout Friday. Gradually that's reduced over time

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2021 at 1:54 PM, R1Fan1 said:

Here is my final version of my schedule. Since I started making this in April, Radio 1 announced an awful lot of schedule changes which seemed to match up with my version, so the only real changes to daytime are some of the timings. When you get to post-4pm, I've made the most changes here, especially on the weekend.

Leaving you'd have Adele Roberts and Benji B (with DJ Target also leaving Radio 1 but staying on 1Xtra), and joining the station would be Rakeem Omar, Robyn Richford, Dave Treacy, Sam & Danni and Jess Iszatt. 

image.png.b7002f1bddd83941997e3ae730a6cbf4.png

Looks good to me - I'd give The Rock Show 7pm-8pm on a Saturday (or an edited repeat at that time) - but apart from that, all gravy ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Old Codger Fan said:

Looks good to me - I'd give The Rock Show 7pm-8pm on a Saturday (or an edited repeat at that time) - but apart from that, all gravy ...

I said before, I do like your idea.about bringing Rock & Indie Shows into more mainstream or a slot with stronger listenership. It would be good if 6Music & Radio 2 relaunched and rebranded it’s Indie & Rock programming something possibly could be a sections on BBC sounds like it would be good if sort of had a redesign or regthink of how to link cross network content based on different genres and moods. E.g Funk & Soul next to Future Soul … think know there’s sections but think that it would be encouraging for someone who listens to Radio 2 Rock show could be linked or plugged Radio 1s one think trailing and mixing it up would be good would be good if even if Radio 1 Xtra launched an Alternative Rap & Rnb show with some emo rap to comes under umbrella

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...