Unofficial Mills

What's your music taste?

Jono

Lots of new members since we properly had a topic about what your music style is. I've noticed people saying what song's they really hate, and really like but it's hard to work out why people hate certain songs when you don't know what music they like.

So what are your favourite bands and genres?

I'll start. Favourite music at the moment is indie music, stuff like The Fratellis, The Zutons, Embrace, Franz Ferdinand and Razorlight. But I do like some pop - the Scissor Sisters for a start, and Orson.

I'll stretch to a bit of emo music like My Chemical Romance.

I don't really have a specific music taste. I like certain songs but there aren't many bands who's album I would have to have. There are a few exceptions however, The Feeling, The Fratellis, Orson etc.

If I were to pick a certain genre it would be Indie. The majority of songs I like fall under that category.

My top 5 favourite bands are: Radiohead, Belle and Sebastian, Wheatus, Snow Patrol and Third Eye Blind. Generally though I like the kind of indie that's played on the radio, some acoustic music, some heavier stuff, some kinds of emo, punk rock, ska punk and 90s britpop as well as mashed-up music, stuff like Lemon Jelly. I like classic songs too. Generally I'd say I like most things but some types of music I only like in certain situations, like when I'm a little bit tipsy and dancing at a club or a party and I'm not a big hiphop fan.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

My musical taste ranges so widely I might as well just list bands/artists I DON'T Like... basically Britney Spears, Paris Hilton (and other such bland poppy shite, tho I wont say all pop because there ARE examples of good pop music too), Steps, err Scooch (tho they were an even poorer version of Steps tbh), any band that feels the need to do constant covers instead of writing something original, most boy bands...

aaaaaannnnddd breathe

A guy at my work who is in a band didn't believe me when I said I'd listen to almost ANYTHING... then I bought his CD after giving it a listen and LOVING it. (if you wanna know which band, or get a sample of their stuff, PM Me)

i like non commercial dance, some of the stuff that surfaces is ok. i dont like some of this boring cassie type slow r&b stuff, and some of these indie bands that sound the same and some that say they are emo and some that say they aren't. becuase they just confuse me and i dont really care about what they say they are.

i just like what catches me out in a good way.

on the grid.

Most stuff, but also I'm one of the minority of fans in this country of some Japanese bands and artists like Gackt, Utada Hikaru, The Pillows, X Japan, Malice Miser, B'z, Ayumi Hamasaki. It's almost impossible to get this kind of music played on the radio and most Otaku and Anime/Manga fans end up listening to a station like Kawaii-radio part of the time. I texted Scott once when he said ask for anything at all but he didn't play it....maybe Colin Murray will one night though :-)

UM is a nice place

My fave band is Franz Ferdinand.

And I also like The Fratellis,Orson,Jet,Stefy,Kaiser Chiefs,The Feeling,Laura Veirs,Lily Allen,Michelle Branch,Rachael Yamagata,Wolf Parade,The Veronicas,Rogue Traders,Infernal,The Fray and The Kooks.

It's hard to say my taste,maybe a bit Indie,a bit dance,rock,pop rock and electro-rock.

It's a cliche but I really do listen to all kinds of music, won't say my fav era cos that'd give my age away. Suffice to say that depending on what I feel like at the time is what I listen to, be it Louis Armstrong or Roni Size. Being a DJ and a Former Radio Station Head Of Music, I get loads of stuff through that you'll never hear anywhere, so my collection is full of random stuff, but I like the older stuff cos it gives a good foundation to today's music.

I've got all my stuff on my laptop and set it to play random so I hear some stuff I've not for ages and I love it. Nearly a years worth of songs if played continuously.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

Are we ever going to find out your true age Andy?

Probably, there are ways of finding it out you know for anyone who wants to. I'm also open to bribes.

I did do a ROM thing but it was only up for a day or too before the crash. So a few people have seen my pic which they can guess from.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

I love anything dance. Thats basically all I listen to anymore. I love all types of dance music - techno, drum n bass, house, but mostly what I listen to is trance. My favorite trance artists are Tiesto, Andy Moor, Above & Beyond, Paul Van Dyk, Selu Vibra, Alex Morph, Luminary, Second Sun, Ferry Corsten, Phynn, and basically any trance I hear I like. I've not heard any bad trance ever. Other favorite dance artists and DJs are David Guetta, Crissy Criss (I really love Crissy Criss), and Infernal. I even like DJ Sammy, Angel City, and some of DJ Encore's music. I love the beat of dance music and I love the sound of music that is all electronic. I'm learning to be a DJ. I love the dance shows on Radio 1. Pete Tong rules. I really miss Fergie though.

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21