Unofficial Mills

High Definition

Serin

The main difference is that TV pictures haven't really changed since it was first broadcast. Beacuse everyone keeps buying bigger and bigger TV's the picture quality you get on it is not as good. Take a 640x480 pixel image and double the size and it looks worse, the bigger it gets, the worse the quality, same thing with TV's so no they're broadcasting more pixels.

For 5 bonus points can anyone tell me where the term "Pixel" comes from?

There's a mars bar for the winner

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

The main difference is that TV pictures haven't really changed since it was first broadcast. Beacuse everyone keeps buying bigger and bigger TV's the picture quality you get on it is not as good. Take a 640x480 pixel image and double the size and it looks worse, the bigger it gets, the worse the quality, same thing with TV's so no they're broadcasting more pixels.

short for PICture ELement :bah:... if you abbreviate picture to PIX

:D

Picture+element:biggrin:

style5Scott-spc-Mills.png

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I don't think the improvement in quality justifies the huge price you have to pay for a HD TV, not to mention the price of the subscription to the HD channels (which are very few and far between atm). Its just not worth it and I will be sticking to what I've got for some time yet.

melsig3sm.gif

I'm not sure about HD TV. A couple of months back I got a lift in my friend's car which saved me a bus fare and his mum was ordering Sky HD on the phone (in car hands free, while driving). They'd just bought a new HD ready TV. But Sky couldn't upgrade their Sky+ to HD until... mid/late August. This was back in May or something. So much for getting HD in time for the World Cup...

I think at the moment it is useless and overrated. I am fine with my digital TV, and my old fashioned terrestrial apart from the BBC which I can't tune properly on terrestrial because there are too many big buildings in the way.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'