Unofficial Mills

The Horse Whimperer

Jono

Oh definitely! Just to see a grown man whining after falling off a horse while dressed as Robin Hood... and Chappers is right, pay back time for all his pranks.

It was really good of Scott to do it. I mean Walliams swam the Channel, and was pictured in the papers in speedos with goose fat on him, but Scott faced the ultimate challenge: facing up to his fears and making a complete fool out of himself.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, and that's why Unofficial Mills exists. Because of his comedy stuff like that. Got dad to record the moment, so have the audio, but looks like R1 online have better stuff.

Haha at the online video - Chappers recalling Hypno Dog. That was great.

Aw, Scott. Must have brought bad memories of the PE days for Scott when he fell off. It made me recall moments I've had the ball kicked in my face or couldn't do a roll in PE in primary school :D

Excellent video, and Scott can now say he's felt his power!

Tomorrow's the Sport Relief run. Not bad for a guy who hated PE at school

Yeah, he's got very involved in Sport Relief. I know how you feel Jono, I got hit in the face by netballs a number of times and I couldn't do any of that forward roll stuff. I mean I can blame being Dyspraxic but I'm terrible at every sport so I know how Scott feels exactly there. Although I've never quite managed to fall off a horse. It's been close, but I hung on.

Scott might find the Sport Relief mile a bit painful because I can imagine he is feeling rather bruised and delicate right now...

hahaha, that was great,

Well done Scott, you've proved all the doubters wrong :)

What are they doubting, let me see.

It is not enough for a man to know how to ride; he must know how to fall. ~Mexican Proverb

or

No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill

or

A horse is dangerous at both ends and uncomfortable in the middle. ~Ian Fleming

or

It's a lot like nuts and bolts - if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans

Okay so I've found a horse quote page :P None of them I guess?

[bi]http://www.quotegarden.com/horses.html[/bi]

I think we could see some revenge being taken out on Chappers for being so smug at the moment. Althought to be fair Chappers is in his own right - the hidden microphone singing, hypnodog, the experiments...

I wouldn't so smug though Chappers. Scott was on BBC One. Where was Chappers' TV work recently? :P

I would love to do screen caps, but it just isn't possible because if I pause my video it goes fuzzy and crazy. Soon I will invest in a DVD recorder...

I think Scott did really well, anyway :)

Liking the horse-related quotations Jono.

I think Chappers is working his way up. Scott got about 2 and a half minutes on BBC1, whilst Laura got about 20 seconds...

Chappers can have as long as he wants on ITV4(+1-2*6) or BBC Three. They know he's too good for those channels, so would give him his own show if he desired. They could put him on where Eastenders Revealed is.

If he was to go on BBC 1 or Channel 4 it might be a different story.

I'm still disappointed Scott wasn't camping it up enough though.

Chappers was on World Cup Outtakes as well, although I think that was only on BBC3, but it was on several times (as everything on BBC3 is) so he's had some exposure on TV. And he wasn't dressed in green tights and a stupid hat, that's got to be some consolation for him.

No skills Mills spills

RADIO 1 DJ Scott Mills became the latest Only Fools On Horses casualty — flying off his steed and bruising his bum.

The cocky jock was told to saddle up by R1 listeners after boasting on-air that show-jumping “looked a bit easy” and fences seemed “small”.

But the DJ, who had never ridden, gave one of the show’s most useless performances.

Petrified Scott flapped around on the back of a most docile horse before tumbling off.

He raised £20,000 for Sport Relief but said: “I will never do it again, not even for £100million.”

[bi]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2006320669,00.html[/bi]

Useless performance maybe, but comedy? Yes. They were a bit silly there though - with trying to slag him off in a way, whilst writing - "the DJ who had never ridden before"