Jump to content

Radio 1's Big Weekend 2019 - Middlesbrough


David123
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 3/12/2019 at 6:10 PM, Mike123 said:

Nothing Breaks Like A Heart is a huge hit. But yeah she isn’t exactly current these days.

I would've bet that she'd come out with something new by now, and after the overplay treatment she gets relevant again by the time Big Weekend is here. Guess I was wrong. (Or it will be a last minute stunt.)

(A bit off, but in my eyes, "Nothing Breaks Like A Heart" changed her from disposable celebrity to actual talent worthy of attention.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


It’s strange actually because I know it’s different but Stormzy is headlining Glastonbury and playing Big Weekend and yet hasn’t released any new music in ages either. 

Also, Greg has got something about big weekend on his show tomorrow. Not sure what it is but I thought it might be worth mentioning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dan18F1 said:

It’s strange actually because I know it’s different but Stormzy is headlining Glastonbury and playing Big Weekend and yet hasn’t released any new music in ages either. 

Also, Greg has got something about big weekend on his show tomorrow. Not sure what it is but I thought it might be worth mentioning. 

Probaly some more filler acts 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dan18F1 said:

It’s strange actually because I know it’s different but Stormzy is headlining Glastonbury and playing Big Weekend and yet hasn’t released any new music in ages either. 

Also, Greg has got something about big weekend on his show tomorrow. Not sure what it is but I thought it might be worth mentioning. 

Probably more names. Grimmy mentioned something about Foals last week which I don't think he was meant to have said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jono said:

Probably more names. Grimmy mentioned something about Foals last week which I don't think he was meant to have said.

And what do you know, Foals are on the line-up... Along with Dave and Twenty One Pilots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

From looking at the set times and when everything is being played out on R1, it looks like the whole sets might be being played out but on a delay. That means that we won’t be able to see the presenters between the sets as the radio coverage won’t align with the iPlayer coverage which is a shame. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The defently have cut back. It started with Biggest Weekend last year where not all the full performances were heard and there was no in-vision coverage of the presenters during breaks online. They couldn't even broadcast fully live during the Teen Awards as you had Grimmy and Clara Amfo voicing over and playing songs during breaks in a backstage studio rather than taking full live coverage of the awards hosted by Greg, Maya Jama and Mollie King directly and they didn't provide a live feed online or the red button.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i think with big weekend being fully live there was always the issue of swearing pre-watershed and a lot of the acts would break that rule despite being told not to, so maybe that’s why they aren’t broadcasting as live like usual? A shame indeed as I preferred the pre-2018 BW coverage but I suppose if it stops them from getting into hot water it makes sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, LSR1 said:

i think with big weekend being fully live there was always the issue of swearing pre-watershed and a lot of the acts would break that rule despite being told not to, so maybe that’s why they aren’t broadcasting as live like usual? A shame indeed as I preferred the pre-2018 BW coverage but I suppose if it stops them from getting into hot water it makes sense

There’s signs around saying do not swear. From what I’ve seen on Instagram and Twitter anyway 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, anothernerd said:

There’s signs around saying do not swear. From what I’ve seen on Instagram and Twitter anyway 

there is every year yet the rule is often broken or ignored. its the only reason i can think of as to why the radio 1 content for big weekend this year has been quite dire

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...