Jump to content

Radio 1's Big Weekend 2019 - Middlesbrough


David123
 Share

Recommended Posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0080x5m/broadcasts/upcoming

Nothing penciled in for tuesday or wednesday, but monday something happens to greg, wednesday is the brits and thursday is the after party,  so im thinking monday or tuesday is possible for announcement day and its half term and im gonna go insane if they dont announce it soon

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Dan18F1 said:

That’s a very good shout actually!

Seems more realistic than the marathon show 

Moyles announced it weeks before and Scott and Chris did the week before (found out Here

Greg and Grimmy hide and seek last year was the best radio I’ve listend to all year hands down. 

Greg solo would be good but perhaps he would have a celeb with him. 

EDIT: just seen a post saying it’s not hide and seek.

but still could be something similar maybe Monopoly on the Radio maybe :lol: lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, anothernerd said:

Seems more realistic than the marathon show 

Moyles announced it weeks before and Scott and Chris did the week before (found out Here

Greg and Grimmy hide and seek last year was the best radio I’ve listend to all year hands down. 

Greg solo would be good but perhaps he would have a celeb with him. 

EDIT: just seen a post saying it’s not hide and seek.

but still could be something similar maybe Monopoly on the Radio maybe :lol: lol

The tick tock makes me think it’s a marathon show or lolathon.  How Scott’s involved I’m not sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Tickets will go on sale on Thursday 14th March 2019, at 5.00pm

Saturday's line-up includes:

Miley Cyrus

Stormzy

Mumford & Sons

Bring Me the Horizon

Anne-Marie

Billie Eilish

Charli XCX

Future

James Arthur

Jess Glynne

Khalid

Lewis Capaldi

Sam Fender

Sigala

The Amazons

Vampire Weekend

Sunday's line-up includes:

The 1975

Little Mix

Camelphat

Catfish and the Bottleman

Ellie Goulding

Fredo

HRVY

Jax Jones

Mabel

Pale Waves

Rita Ora

Sean Paul

Sigrid

Two Door Cinema Club

Zara Larsson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jono said:

Tickets will go on sale on Thursday 14th March 2019, at 5.00pm

Saturday's line-up includes:

Miley Cyrus

Stormzy

Mumford & Sons

Bring Me the Horizon

Anne-Marie

Billie Eilish

Charli XCX

Future

James Arthur

Jess Glynne

Khalid

Lewis Capaldi

Sam Fender

Sigala

The Amazons

Vampire Weekend

Sunday's line-up includes:

The 1975

Little Mix

Camelphat

Catfish and the Bottleman

Ellie Goulding

Fredo

HRVY

Jax Jones

Mabel

Pale Waves

Rita Ora

Sean Paul

Sigrid

Two Door Cinema Club

Zara Larsson

Very predictable this year. It’s all artists on the playlist. Apart from two I don’t get why they are playing- Two Door Cinema Club And whoooooooooo? Is Catfish and the bottle man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, anothernerd said:

Very predictable this year. It’s all artists on the playlist. Apart from two I don’t get why they are playing- Two Door Cinema Club And whoooooooooo? Is Catfish and the bottle man

How have you not heard of Catfish and the Bottlemen?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, anothernerd said:

Very predictable this year. It’s all artists on the playlist. Apart from two I don’t get why they are playing- Two Door Cinema Club And whoooooooooo? Is Catfish and the bottle man

Those artists are a massive deal, and have been a big part of Radio 1.  The only WHOOOOO on the lineup is Mylie Cyrus.  And the current playlist doesnt have every single one of those artists on it, although it has previously, but if it hadn’t why would they play big weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike123 said:

Those artists are a massive deal, and have been a big part of Radio 1.  The only WHOOOOO on the lineup is Mylie Cyrus.  And the current playlist doesnt have every single one of those artists on it, although it has previously, but if it hadn’t why would they play big weekend.

Miley hasn’t a had a hit since 2013. So don’t get why she’s playing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha do you even listen to Radio 1 @anothernerd? Catfish are on all the time. Kathleen, Pacifier, Cocoon, Soundcheck, Longshot ring a bell? Chris interviewed them at Big Weekend once and asked Van McCann the lead singer whether he was excited for Foo Fighters and he said "not really"? And Miley's had a few since then - Malibu in 2017 and Nothing Breaks Like A Heart, that one's always on at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, OohErr said:

Haha do you even listen to Radio 1 @anothernerd? Catfish are on all the time. Kathleen, Pacifier, Cocoon, Soundcheck, Longshot ring a bell? Chris interviewed them at Big Weekend once and asked Van McCann the lead singer whether he was excited for Foo Fighters and he said "not really"? And Miley's had a few since then - Malibu in 2017 and Nothing Breaks Like A Heart, that one's always on at the moment. 

Of course I listen! Seems to ring a bell now @OohErr. And I forget about the 2017 hit.. That was a good record. I forget she sang nothing breaks like an heart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OohErr said:

I notice they're charging £18 a ticket (+£4.50 booking fee) this year. Not Europe's biggest free ticketed music festival anymore then. Although that's still really cheap for what it is.

Although it was pointed out to me Biggest Weekend also had a charge, probably not a surprise in this day and age of BBC cuts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, OohErr said:

I notice they're charging £18 a ticket (+£4.50 booking fee) this year. Not Europe's biggest free ticketed music festival anymore then. Although that's still really cheap for what it is.

I paid circa £60 including fees to see the 1975 and Pale Waves (and others) at Glasgow Summer Sessions, so yeah dead cheap in comparison to seeing the same acts elsewhere 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...