Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

Random idea time: condense all the throwback shows into one three hour show from 10am to 1pm on a Saturday, get Katie Thistleton back to host it (as Charlie does with Dance Anthems on a Saturday), call it “Radio 1’s Bottomless Brunch with Katie Thistleton” and just have 3 hours of throwbacks from across the decades, not just 00s or 10s, just a mix of everything. The occasional 90s anthem, tunes from the early 2020s, just 3 hours of pure feel good

Sat 25th and Sun 26th May

07:00-10:00 - Conor Knight in for Sam and Danni

10:00 - 11:00 - Conor Knight covers Anthems [the schedule on Sat says Sam and Danni are still doing 10-10:30 anthems but I think this is likely an error: Conor is doing the full anthems hour on Sunday, and it makes no sense on Sat for S&D to pop back up for half an hour in between Conor's shows]

Fri 31 May

10:30 - 12:45 - James Cusack in for Danny Beard

Greg is doing Breakfast from 7am-11am on 23rd May which is a thirty minute extension of his usual Friday show and consistent with Big Weekend timings.

Also it looks like from the 1st June, Radio 1 Chillout Anthems at 4am is being replaced by Radio 1 Anthems with Maia Beth and will also air at the same time on a Sunday.

7 hours ago, TMD_24 said:

Greg is doing Breakfast from 7am-11am on 23rd May which is a thirty minute extension of his usual Friday show and consistent with Big Weekend timings.

Also it looks like from the 1st June, Radio 1 Chillout Anthems at 4am is being replaced by Radio 1 Anthems with Maia Beth and will also air at the same time on a Sunday.

Could this be similar to what Arielle Free did in Covid on Weekend Early Breakfast?

14 hours ago, TMD_24 said:

I expect that the axing of Chill Out Anthems may be related to the decommissioning and shutfdown of Radio 1 Relax. I assume soon BBC could announce or make official when it’s going to be shutdown

Conor Knight is in for Sam & Danni on Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th June.

It's Radio 1 at Parklife, 13.00-16.00 on Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th June.

Matt & Mollie are in for Greg from Monday 10th to Friday 14th June - it's just Matt on the Thursday.

It's Radio 1 at Download, 13.00-16.00 on Friday 14th June.

On 5/15/2024 at 1:30 PM, BBCAaron said:

I expect that the axing of Chill Out Anthems may be related to the decommissioning and shutfdown of Radio 1 Relax. I assume soon BBC could announce or make official when it’s going to be shutdown

I think it's just to replace Wind Down presents... which was in that timeslot, and I'm guessing Chillout Anthems was just a buffer since it'll still be played at 06:00 on Sundays.

48 minutes ago, GregJames_fan said:

I think it's just to replace Wind Down presents... which was in that timeslot, and I'm guessing Chillout Anthems was just a buffer since it'll still be played at 06:00 on Sundays.

Most probably. But do wonder what the future of the relax themed programmes will be when they officially wind down that service.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I actually caught snippets of today’s show, and I found it much better than the last time I listened. I have made it no secret that I like Jamie on the radio, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Matt & him together last year. People have criticised him for not being relatable, but I have to agree with the comment above that I have always found him a naturally warm person to listen to. Maybe the going home set up was something that needed settling in and things are starting to take shape.  It must have been difficult for him joining an established duo in Vick & Katie to begin with.  Jamie was great on something songs today, fully engaged in the caller and sounded like a real presenter. Maybe he is doing as a lot of us hoped and really learning as he goes, how to do it properly. 
    • Agree with this. The anti-Jamie feeling was IMO quite influenced by the negativity around him replacing Jordan, since Jordan was exceptional and also universally loved. When people mention Danny and Jamie in the same sentence about bad hiring decisions I almost choke - Jamie may not be perfect but he's several leagues better than Danny already and has bags of potential. Danny is poor and has shown zero potential...
    • Jamie started 4 March, and the figures only going up to 31 March, so it isn't reliable. But it has shown the numbers have dropped in afternoons compared to last quarter. It looks like it's Capital's gain.
    • Do these audience figures reflect Jordan leaving and Jamie replacing him?
    • I think Jamie is really starting to settle into the role well. He comes across as really warm, and genuinely invested in the listeners when he’s talking to them which is nice. I think he’s building a really great relationship with Vicki and Katie too. His recent great company podcast is great too, where he has quite a deep chat with someone new each week. He’s clearly a very genuine person and I think he has some real potential.
    • Most probably. But do wonder what the future of the relax themed programmes will be when they officially wind down that service.
    • I think it's just to replace Wind Down presents... which was in that timeslot, and I'm guessing Chillout Anthems was just a buffer since it'll still be played at 06:00 on Sundays.
    • With listening on the U.K. for the industry in general it is good overall as most stations reach is on the up and shows radio to be more sustainable and stable outlet than linear televisions channels. This RAJAR I think with the increase shift to DAB+ the BBC will be able to say it has it’s audiences for the proposed new stations it wishes to launch and think the new innovative ideas that it seems Jack himself can take credit for on the new music show think the younger under 30 gen z demographic could increase se in that time-slot. 
    • Conor Knight is in for Sam & Danni on Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th June. It's Radio 1 at Parklife, 13.00-16.00 on Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th June. Matt & Mollie are in for Greg from Monday 10th to Friday 14th June - it's just Matt on the Thursday. It's Radio 1 at Download, 13.00-16.00 on Friday 14th June.
    • Rajar looking healthy this quarter, with the numbers staying fairly stable. 
    • It's made it into the Daily Mail as another reason to bash the station. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13417631/bbc-radio-2-facebook-tiktok-instagram.html  
    • I expect that the axing of Chill Out Anthems may be related to the decommissioning and shutfdown of Radio 1 Relax. I assume soon BBC could announce or make official when it’s going to be shutdown
    • The next RAJAR will be putting a lot of pressure on Aled. Will his decisions over Danny Beard and Jamie Laing and to lose Jordan North pay off? If not, it is likely bosses will be looking for his successor.  I am interested to know what fans of the station think?  Ian Chaloner who worked for Greg, Scott and Grimny before rising through the ranks must stand a chance. He is now mainstream editor.  An outsider choice but Greg's former producer Chris Sawyer would be great. He has the creativity and has held the ship well on breakfast. Although I know he is no longer with them.   
    • Could this be similar to what Arielle Free did in Covid on Weekend Early Breakfast?
    • Greg is doing Breakfast from 7am-11am on 23rd May which is a thirty minute extension of his usual Friday show and consistent with Big Weekend timings. Also it looks like from the 1st June, Radio 1 Chillout Anthems at 4am is being replaced by Radio 1 Anthems with Maia Beth and will also air at the same time on a Sunday.