Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule Changes

Dan18F1

9 minutes ago, UnofficialStark said:

I'm surprised at how much Vicky is being used as cover. Have we ever had anyone else making up the main daytime line up that's done as much cover elsewhere?

Scott & Chris - don’t forget Vicky is only on 4 days so think it’s reasonable for her to do an extra day now and again 

1 hour ago, UnofficialStark said:

I'm surprised at how much Vicky is being used as cover. Have we ever had anyone else making up the main daytime line up that's done as much cover elsewhere?

Maybe they’re trying to establish her more as a presenter on her own rather than being Dean’s sidekick.

3 minutes ago, UnofficialStark said:

Is she Dean’s sidekick? Isn’t it supposed to be both their show in equal right?

It is. What I meant is that she's known on the station pretty much as Dean's co-host and they might be trying to establish her more on the station with people by giving her these cover slots to make her more well known with the listeners.

1 hour ago, UnofficialStark said:

What did they do apart from emergency choice breakfast?

Scott did the chart on Sunday, both covered Dan and Phil whoooooo and Scott covered Danny Howard’s dance anthems on Saturday. I think they might have even both covered Jameela Jamil’s 7pm slot whooo

16 hours ago, michaelb said:

It is. What I meant is that she's known on the station pretty much as Dean's co-host and they might be trying to establish her more on the station with people by giving her these cover slots to make her more well known with the listeners.

My question was is she Dean's sidekick? As in is she known on the station as being that? I didn't realise she was. How come that's what she's known as?

16 hours ago, UnofficialStark said:

What did they do apart from emergency choice breakfast?

Not just emergency breakfast cover, they were Grimmy's cover (and of course Scott were the main cover for Chris Moyles). Scott used to spend a fair amount of time off drivetime and afternoons as a result. He used to cover the chart on a Sunday for many years throughout his time on drive and afternoons

16 minutes ago, UnofficialStark said:

My question was is she Dean's sidekick? As in is she known on the station as being that? I didn't realise she was. How come that's what she's known as?

I can 'kind' of see why the impression is given that Dean takes the lead at times, but she's not a sidekick. They are co-presenters as per other duos on the station. 

On 5/4/2023 at 3:42 PM, GregJames_fan said:

Some of the Big Weekend schedules are out:

Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th May:

7am-11am Sam & Danni sit in for Adele

Monday 30th May:

6am-8am Sam & Danni

8am-11am Greg James

11am-2pm RMC

2pm-5pm Dean & Vicky

5pm-(im guessing) 8pm Clara Amfo

It's no longer Sam & Danni on 28th & 29th May, Adele is back on the schedule 07.00-11.00.

On 5/4/2023 at 3:42 PM, GregJames_fan said:

Some of the Big Weekend schedules are out:

Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th May:

7am-11am Sam & Danni sit in for Adele

Monday 30th May:

6am-8am Sam & Danni

8am-11am Greg James

11am-2pm RMC

2pm-5pm Dean & Vicky

5pm-(im guessing) 8pm Clara Amfo

Monday 29th May 06.00-08.00 is now Ore Olukoga.

Radio 1's Big Weekend 2023:

Friday 26th May:

18:00-19:00: The Launch

19:00-19:50: Jamie xx

19:50-20:20: LF SYSTEM

20:20-20:50: Jayda G

20:50-21:20: Danny Howard

21:20-21:50: Ben Hemsley

21:50-22:25: Denis Sulta

22:25-23:00: Pete Tong b2b Sarah Story

23:00-01:00 Pete Tong

Saturday 27th May:

07:00-11:00: Ore sits in for Adele

11:00-12:32: Matt, Greg, Katie, Melvin & Arielle

12:32-14:00: Matt & Mollie

14:00-15:00: Matt & Mollie

15:00-21:00 TBC

On 5/24/2023 at 9:43 PM, Chris D said:

There appears to be no Party Anthems on Friday this week. Matt and Mollie's normal show is extended by an hour until the chart. 

Either its a mistake and we will end up having party anthems but not called party anthems or its some weird decision been made like when the Queen died. Baffling how all the shows with party in the name had to made generic