Unofficial Mills

Phil Taggart & Alice Levine, Chart with Jameela, Matt Edmondson & Dan+Phil New Shows

oli

All of these new shows debut this week starting with Phil & Alice on Monday which sounds pretty promising from hearing them together on Friday.

Coxy starts her stint covering Fearne on Monday possibly the last we'll hear of her on Radio 1 :(

On Wednesday Scott takes over the Chart Update at 3.30 with Jameela Jamil co-hosting

On Saturday Matt Edmondson takes over from Vernon Kay in the mornings and takes over from Coxy on Sunday mornings, I know there are a lot of fans of him on here and he'll be doing a video every week.

Jameela takes over the chart on Sunday

And Dan + Phil take over the request show Sunday at 7 which will be fully visualised and I know there are fans of him on the site

So if you hear any of them put your comments about how amazing/appalling they are here

:)

My thoughts are that the weekday lineup is so incredibly strong now, like the best radio 1 has been in ages. The combination of Grimmy, Coxy, Scott and Greg is aweome.....but I think weekends are absolutely dire.

I havent really heard much of Dan and Phil yet but im not holding out much hope! Huw is a good DJ but not suited to weekends and playlist music, I was convinced he would get the 10-midnight show. I find Gemma and Jameela quite painful to listen to and as much as I think Danny Howard is good, I think its too early to start raving at 4pm! I think Matt Edmondson might be alright, but its not difficult to come out winning amongst that selection!

My thoughts are that the weekday lineup is so incredibly strong now, like the best radio 1 has been in ages. The combination of Grimmy, Coxy, Scott and Greg is aweome.....but I think weekends are absolutely dire.

I havent really heard much of Dan and Phil yet but im not holding out much hope! Huw is a good DJ but not suited to weekends and playlist music, I was convinced he would get the 10-midnight show. I find Gemma and Jameela quite painful to listen to and as much as I think Danny Howard is good, I think its too early to start raving at 4pm! I think Matt Edmondson might be alright, but its not difficult to come out winning amongst that selection!

I can see where you are coming from and it is up to you what you think. I agree with you about weekday day-time it strong, don't forget Dev. ;)

Phil and Alice I am really looking forward too, good luck to them.

As for weekend, I would not go as far as saying it is "absolutely dire." I am not a fan of Gemma or Jameela I just don't listen instead I go on the Iplayer. Huw is good at weekend bring abit of new music and live sessions to day time breaking the endless roundabout of the playlist. Danny is on early lucky it is not hard core dance, nice to hear remix's of playlist songs. (Something abit different.) :) Dan and Phil are YouTube star and that is where they should stay... There are lots of good radio DJ wanting jobs (Like me.. Haha) Radio 1 are still paying Chris Moyles. I loved Matt's wednesday night show he coverd Sara before so it should work.

Really enjoying Phil&Alice on nights. great humour and love new music they work well together. And i got the first ever text on the show. Looking forward to Matts new show and Jameela on Chart. Not sure about dan and phil though.

I have really be enjoying Phil and Alice or Phalice, especially as Alice is getting much better through the week as she is relaxing more, to be fair it was probably hard for her at first with no experience in radio though... As for Phil and Dan, I'm not quite sure, they are really popular but whether the show will transfer to radio well is yet to be seen...

hello

Did anyone else listen the two new shows on Sunday?

The Official Chart With Jameela Jamil so Radio 1 have turned it into a TV show! If they want to do that why don't they go the hole hog and put it on BBC Three and call it Top Of The Pops... Or even better get Reggie Yates back on who have great radio style and make me want to listen unlike Jameela who make me want to turn off and be sick.

Dan & Phil right where to start if you a radio nerd listen back on the Iplayer. I am not sure what think, the idea is where "the internet and radio collide" again Radio 1 is thinking it's a TV show. Even if the idea works I don't believe Dan & Phil will last. Sunday evening on Radio 1 has reached a new low! What is on other station at that time? I may listern to BFBS from now on.

Did anyone else listen the two new shows on Sunday?

The Official Chart With Jameela Jamil so Radio 1 have turned it into a TV show! If they want to do that why don't they go the hole hog and put it on BBC Three and call it Top Of The Pops... Or even better get Reggie Yates back on who have great radio style and make me want to listen unlike Jameela who make me want to turn off and be sick.

Dan & Phil right where to start if you a radio nerd listen back on the Iplayer. I am not sure what think, the idea is where "the internet and radio collide" again Radio 1 is thinking it's a TV show. Even if the idea works I don't believe Dan & Phil will last. Sunday evening on Radio 1 has reached a new low! What is on other station at that time? I may listern to BFBS from now on.

BFBS is an interesting place to go to after Radio 1. Although I assume that's because you don't like Global radio? Otherwise I'd suggest Capital, Kiss or Heart, main competitors surely.

I can quite openly say I would never listen to Grimmy or Fearne out of choice, they're awful, but Scott and Greg are great and I'm very glad Sara has got Fearne's slot while she is away. In terms of weekends, Matt Edmonson is very funny and has been deserving more than an hour for a while.

I don't know why the chart update can't be done by just Scott, Jameela came in half way through and added NOTHING, she was useless on it, however that's not to say she wasn't good on the main chart, despite having (at least sounded like) voicetracked 90% of the first two hours of her first show, was actually quite good, but she'll grow into it I'm sure, I think she sounds very commercial and lacks personality at time.

Dan + Phil were very good actually, they interacted well together and it all flowed well, and I was surprised they were driving the desk (even if they did share it), although I guess the new show came at the same time as the new studio training for the other presenters.

Never actually heard Phil and Alice, and don't really intend to any time soon since it's not a timeslot I like to listen to it,

Oops, just realised I went on for quite a bit there, I was trying to keep it short as well.

BFBS is an interesting place to go to after Radio 1. Although I assume that's because you don't like Global radio? Otherwise I'd suggest Capital, Kiss or Heart, main competitors surely.

I can quite openly say I would never listen to Grimmy or Fearne out of choice, they're awful, but Scott and Greg are great and I'm very glad Sara has got Fearne's slot while she is away. In terms of weekends, Matt Edmonson is very funny and has been deserving more than an hour for a while.

I don't know why the chart update can't be done by just Scott, Jameela came in half way through and added NOTHING, she was useless on it, however that's not to say she wasn't good on the main chart, despite having (at least sounded like) voicetracked 90% of the first two hours of her first show, was actually quite good, but she'll grow into it I'm sure, I think she sounds very commercial and lacks personality at time.

Dan + Phil were very good actually, they interacted well together and it all flowed well, and I was surprised they were driving the desk (even if they did share it), although I guess the new show came at the same time as the new studio training for the other presenters.

Never actually heard Phil and Alice, and don't really intend to any time soon since it's not a timeslot I like to listen to it,

You are right I am not a fan of Global. I don't like Ad's, I don't like the music playlist, I don't like the cheesy sound bite links and I don't like the DJ that sound the same, say the same thing at the same time each show. I have links with Heart and the DJ's I know say unless you are breakfast you do a link every 20min and watch tv the rest of the time. For me it is Radio1 then BFBS then Radio 4 or Radio 6 maybe Radio 2 and then local radio if I want a laugh.

Dan & Phil I am just not sure. It is a good idea is it going work in the long run, where they are going with the concept. I feel that it is a one off I can't see all Radio 1 going this way for all it's shows and I am not sure about Dan & Phil doing any other slot on the station.