Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 DJs to face the axe?

Harkinson

Just found this article from celebritain claiming that Radio 1 may be axing some of their older DJs in the next few months!

Several Radio 1 DJs could lose their jobs following a damning report by the BBC Trust.

Despite making changes such as swapping Scott Mills and Greg James’ shows around and hiring T4’s Jameel Jamal, the station is still failing to attract listeners from its target audience of 15-29 year olds. Instead, aging presenters like Chris Moyles and Edith Bowman are attracting listeners over 30.

Radio 1’s response to that has always been that the content of the shows are targeted at a younger audience and the age of the presenter was insignificant. However, The BBC Trust have concluded “Our aim that Radio 1 focuses more clearly on a young target audience so that its median age is within the target age group is still outstanding, although work is under way to address this issue”.

The continue “The median age has remained constant since our review completed in 2009 although, due to a change in Rajar methodology, it stands at 30, rather than 29, so just outside the target age group of 15 to 29-year-olds.”

Radio 1’s new controller Ben Cooper will no doubt be tasked with making further changes which could see Chris Moyles finally lose his Breakfast Show slot and other DJs like Vernon Kay and Sara Cox get the boot.

http://celebritain.com/2012/06/21/radio-1-djs-face-the-axe-after-a-bbc-report-says-its-listeners-are-too-old/

"ageing presenters like Chris Moyles and Edith Bowman" then later "Vernon Kay"....

awks when Scott is older than all of them but he's not mentioned. Hopefully that means theyre not planning on getting rid of him

And I won't sit down,

And I won't shut up,

But most of all I will not grow up <3

Just found this article from celebritain claiming that Radio 1 may be axing some of their older DJs in the next few months!

http://celebritain.com/2012/06/21/radio-1-djs-face-the-axe-after-a-bbc-report-says-its-listeners-are-too-old/

Who wrote this again? The amount of spelling mistakes in the blog is awful! No source either. Anyway, although I'm not Vernon Kay's number one fan I can't see them axing any of the DJs at the moment even though arguably in some circumstances it might be the right thing to do.

Greg James is off to Africa for Comic Relief. Read it here, r1newspost.wordpress.com.

He brings in such a large amount of listeners that it would be mad to get rid of him. Obviously, Greg is going to get the breakfast at some point, but I don't reckon they'd get rid of Chris completely because of the numbers. Same with Scott, he's is so popular with loads of listeners.

The BBC Trust sound like a right bunch of pricks.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.