Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Sex Night

James R

Sunday 31st July

7:00pmSex Night on Radio 1 and 1Xtra: Music to Get You in the Mood

The Radio 1 and 1Xtra Sex Night kicks off with an hour of music to get you in the mood.

8:00pm Aled and Gemma Cairney host a special show from London's Soho, in front of a specially invited audience, tackling all your questions, queries and concerns about sex. This programme will include content of an adult nature and sexual themes and language.

11:00pm

BBC Radio 1's Stories

Lie back and enjoy Radio 1's Story of Sex and Music.

james_ryder.png

it's gone from dance anthems to this. the sunday surgery with emma b and dr mark was good enough, don't need a whole night of slow r&b and dirty chavs calling up telling us about all the people they've dun innit.

on the grid.

it's gone from dance anthems to this. the sunday surgery with emma b and dr mark was good enough, don't need a whole night of slow r&b and dirty chavs calling up telling us about all the people they've dun innit.

Actually, you know you are right. Sunday nights used to be uplifting. You were bored on a Sunday, but at least Dave Pearce used to show up with great tunes and life and energy. So much has changed over the years.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I thought discussing it at Brekkie the other day was a bit borderline really not OK.... and R1 went on to play a song immediately after the discussion which had a "lady lying on her back" in the lyrics??!! Among other things ... *

* I've actually a suspicion R1 did this on purpose.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I have to say I find the whole surgery thing very unnecessary, and at times patronising.

I admit I used to listen to it years ago but that was before sunday nights had becomed aimed at kids, but we live in a world where the overwhelming majority have access to computers to explore and learn things online, schools (certainly mine did anyways) have guidance teachers to talk to about problems, and generally kids are a bit more exposed to adult life so things arent so much of a mystery any more. I'm just not convinced there is much of a need to have the surgery any more.

Really not convinced that Aled is the right guy to front it either. Ok he seems nice and caring but when he's on breakfast I think he comes across as quite serious depending what the subject is when the others (Chris and Dave mainly) are having a bit of a laugh and joke around, and it comes across as a bit broing.

Not impressed with censorship

schools (certainly mine did anyways) have guidance teachers to talk to about problems, and generally kids are a bit more exposed to adult life so things arent so much of a mystery any more. I'm just not convinced there is much of a need to have the surgery any more.

Really not convinced that Aled is the right guy to front it either. Ok he seems nice and caring but when he's on breakfast I think he comes across as quite serious depending what the subject is when the others (Chris and Dave mainly) are having a bit of a laugh and joke around, and it comes across as a bit broing.

It really depends what school you go to. Mines a catholic one, and they really don't tell us anything, only the little bit we need to know for our GCSE. And we don't have a guidence teacher, so there is no-one to really talk about it.

I think Aled is good, and is a good person to front it. However, I think Nihal is good at fronting it, I didn't think that he would be but he is.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

It really depends what school you go to. Mines a catholic one, and they really don't tell us anything, only the little bit we need to know for our GCSE.

Ah I see, I hadn't thought about religous schools. My school was a non-relgious one so we had the sex ed and guidance teachers etc to talk to about things.

The reason I don't like Aled being a good person to front it is because of little things that occassionally get mentioned on the breakfast show such as his insecurities with clothing etc meaning he buys brands and the bizarre tracking of the boyfriend, or the trails for the surgery (I'm referring to a trail once where I heard commenting on there being nothing more painful than splitting up with best friends or something along those lines, sorry Aled but there are things a lot more painful than a fall out between friends, a hell of a lot more).

Not impressed with censorship