Unofficial Mills

Comedy Dave and Jayne to divorce

Tom.

Comedy Dave, Jayne Sharp file for divorce

Friday, April 22 2011, 15:27 BSTBy Rebecca Davies, Entertainment Reporter

reality_doi_comedy_dave_1.jpg

© ITV

Dave Vitty and Jayne Sharp have announced their split.

Vitty, who is better known as Comedy Dave on Chris Moyles's Radio 1 show, married television presenter Sharp three years ago. They are parents to Nicole, aged 3.

The Sun reports that the couple released a joint statement reading: "No one else is involved and the decision is mutual and totally amicable. They will remain best of friends for the sake of their daughter and thank everyone for their support at this time."

Vitty later wrote on his Twitter page: "Thanks for all your lovely messages today. Both Jayne and myself really appreciate your kind thoughts."

The radio personality took part in the latest series of Dancing On Ice alongside stars such as Sam Attwater, Jennifer Metcalfe and and Kerry Katona.

He admitted at the time that Moyles found his involvement in the reality TV show "hilarious", saying: "I'm sure... I'll be a big target for a load of stick. But that's what we do and it's all banter."

etheridge_tom.png

Hasn't he been divorced before? I was listening to old podcasts of Scott yesterday and there was one when Scott was talking about Dave's stag dos. He said he went to the first one, but not the second. He said he'd go to the next one. :)

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

Yea Daves been married before, someone will need to correct me on this but wasnt it the same date as his wedding to Jayne?

Correct. Quite shocking news after seeing her & nicole at the ends of the record attempt congratulating him

james_ryder.png

big hugs to him if it is true

don't forget it's the sun

They said a story that chris moyles was leaving and it was not true. Until he mentions it not going to take it literally

Dave has actually confirmed on his own Twitter account, so I think it is certainly true.

just wondering, but wasn't this the second time dave was married? he dosen't seem to have the luck does he? anymore of this Nd he'll be on par with henry the eigth.

Yep second time, though think this is the first time the marriage produced a kid? *could be wrong

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...