Unofficial Mills

Jo's Last Shows !! :-(

Viv

This weekend sees the last of the legend that is Jo Whiley on R1... Jo is set to receive LOADS of celebrity messages, and there will surely be lots of tears.

Don't forget to send in your "Good luck in your new job" messages as she moves on to the unique world of R2.

Grimmy has done her up an ... er.... unique song, which she may play out on air!! Who knows. It's certainly quite... um.... special.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Can't believe she's leaving! I LOVE listening to her show at weekends- it's a guaranteed quality listen. The final show's on at the moment and it's brilliant. Huw seems a nice enough chap, and I don't mind him but it seems like he could be anyone- there's nothing that makes him distinct. But then Radio 1 seems hell bent on geting rid of talented broadcasters and bringing in a generation of bland so-called 'personalities'. Hmm.

Personally i think its a bit of a shame that more hasnt been made about Jo's departure. For someone who has been at the forefront of radio 1, the actual queen of radio 1, she should have had a much bigger departure/special one off show back on midweek with some live lounge events etc. Would have been great for Cotton to have been given a week off or even just a Friday and Jo come back and cover to say goodbye for a proper celebration rather than slip out the backdoor on a sunday where she was left to do nothing!

Shame on you radio 1!

Agree completely with what Daniel said above - Jo's been on Radio 1 for as long as I can remember and is someone I've grown up listening to, she's easily one of the most influential DJs R1 has ever had. She never really deserved to be shunted off to the weekend afternoon slot in the first place and I agree, she should have had a much bigger send-off than the one she got.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...