Unofficial Mills

The Chris Moyles Show... without Chris!

Jono

Does anyone know if Scott's been ill while covering the breakfast show and who covered for him? i don't think he has recently, i just wonder what would happen if Vernon wasn't available we could have Dev on early breakfast (he never mentions he does that show when he's covering for someone else) and on breakfast.

It makes a change, it's usually Scott who's ill.

That comment makes it sound like scott is off ill all the time?!

I cant remember Chris having a day off sick in the whole 10 years I have been listening to Radio 1. Zoe Ball and Sara Cox yes, which is how I first became aware of Scott, as back then he was on Early Breakfast and had to stay on and cover all the time! Even when Chris was on Drive I cant think of a time someone had to stand in for him as he was ill!

What do you expect, it IS Vernon filling in, isn't it? :P

I'm not listening but not only for that reason. That said, if only Scott could be the one to fill in at such short notice. They seem to be taking this on a day-by-day basis at the moment which is the only way they can really.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

yes, fair enough... He never is that brilliant. I do like him in the weekend Slot, but put him in breakfast, and it's the same story every time.

Plus, he was on about his Family Fortunes stuff, and not wanting to look too tired for the filming. But it's just too bad, isn't it, really?! People will be off at R1, and someone has to fill in!!

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Hmm someone who seems more bothered about a TV career than a radio one... this sounding familiar to anyone? ;) There are key differences of course, mostly in reaction to him. I'm sure I don't need to point these out.

(I don't want to turn this thread into that discussion as there's already a place for it)

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

have to say I disagree with some of the more recent opinions, Vern is one of the best presenters the station has! Sara is alright, but only in small doses.

I think theres a definite distinction between Vern's weekend show and when he's in with the team when Chris is off (whether it be climbing mountains or illness). He seems to have more chat and banter with the rest of the team like Chris does, and I think its pretty clear they're all friends and get on really well off air as well. Sara's interaction with the team makes her more bearable as well I think

Not impressed with censorship

Vernon was only brought in to do the car talk with Jay Kay imo, Sara would've probably fallen asleep on him. I would like to have heard more about Jay Kay's music/private life, but shame, it seems he's not interested in discussing these topics. Oh well. Look forward to new album...

Anyhow, I thoroughly enjoyed Sara in for Moyles. Thought she did a top job. Her and Dave make a great duo. Dom and Tina were a little quieter than usual. Good shows last week nonetheless. Aled was on great form. Bet he hasn't slept properly for 5 days, poor little thing.

Get well by Monday Christopher!

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

How patronising. That's a grown, competent man you're talking about.

Oh Viv. It's clearly more of a term of endearment from someone that obviously likes and admires Aled...

I enjoyed both Vernon (surprisingly as he is more suited to weekends) and Sara for the change - I find Moyles can get a bit 'samey' in his content and delivery, so a refreshing change.