Unofficial Mills

disabling car radio controls

cxx666

Very strange question I know, and sadly I think I know the answer, but does anyone know of a way that the controls on a car radio can be temporarily disabled so that passengers can't play with the thing?

I have controls for it in the steering wheel and I'm ideally looking for a way of making it so that only those controls can have any effect on it.

Thanks

Not impressed with censorship

sit in the back? the last time it happened I nearly made them get the bus.

Only happens with one of my friends, even going to the extent of changing one of my presets to another "national" commerical station so that whenever a song they dont like comes on, or anyone starts chattin they change it straight away

Last time it massively pissed me off cos even after I said I wouldnt change theirs and that as the car is mine i should be able to listen to what i want to, it STILL happened, I lost count how many times it was changed back and forth. They seem to think the "my car my rules" thing isnt true.

can you tell this is something that has really wound me up?

I know, I had a feeling there wouldn't be a way of doing it but I thought it would do no harm to ask.

Mabey thats something manufacturers should consider, in a similar way to child locks on the rear doors to stop children opening them and making nuisnaces of thsmselves, only this would also stop grown up passengers from meddling with things they shouldnt do as well

I do this in my dads car and if there was something you could do, my dad would have found it by now... but I only really turn it down. He wil have the music blaring when he knows I have a head ache and he will turn it back up again.

Sometimes it's good to let your passengers have a choice every now and again surely?

Kitty <3

Not if they switch R1 off in favour of R2 or R4! Oh, or Heart........ :D

Or in this case, switchin from R1 to Galaxy FM :(

Almost as soon as a song comes on that she doesnt like, or one of the presenters starts talking it gets switched over, I think its a control thing

Sometimes it's good to let your passengers have a choice every now and again surely?

Absolutely not. The way I see it is if I'm at a friends house or in their car then I accept that what they want to listen is what goes on, and I think its only right that when in my car I get to chose what is on

Absolutely not. The way I see it is if I'm at a friends house or in their car then I accept that what they want to listen is what goes on, and I think its only right that when in my car I get to chose what is on

That was my understanding too, lol. Though suggesting change is acceptable.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

That was my understanding too, lol. Though suggesting change is acceptable.

suggesting is acceptable yes, however in the case which has caused me to get so wound up in the first place is that there isnt any suggesting, or asking, it just gets done. It seems that because I once said yes that means its a yes for each and every occassion since then.

suggesting is acceptable yes, however in the case which has caused me to get so wound up in the first place is that there isnt any suggesting, or asking, it just gets done. It seems that because I once said yes that means its a yes for each and every occassion since then.

Ah.. yeah that is different, lol.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...