• Liberal Democrats
    • Conservatives
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • SNP
    • Other
    • None of the Above
    • Not Voting

Thank God it looks like the end of an area of irresponsible spending from Brown and the Labour government. I think the Tories will manage to do a deal with the Lib Dems and form a coalition, whatever happens this country will be in a mess for the next few years (mainly down to Labour doing what they always do when they leave government - leave the country in the shit).

Its gonna be a sad sad day for the country if NC makes the wrong decision and teams up with the Conservatives, there should be a Labour/Lib Dem coalition freezing out the C words

Not impressed with censorship

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the likes of me would end up paying a big price if he gets in and messes up. but in some ways it's a fair deal if cameron makes an even bigger twat of himself (if that's possible) by 2015, i'd sell my soul to see that.

on the grid.

the only way that there will be a Lib/Lab is if Brown goes & everyone knows how stubborn he is & i cannot see him going without a fight, even some Lab MP's have come out & said he should go, even then i think a Lib/Lab will be a very hard sell on the public, if Lib had got more seats they would of course be in a stronger position & he said he wouldn't work with Brown & to me that would be even more of a sellout than Lib/Con, i think they can work on some areas more so than others.

defense they seem to want to both sort out the funding of army,navy,air etc there only disagreement is Trident.

immigration is a bit more split but i could see a fusion of the cap idea from the Con with the placing of people from the Libs, Con won't go for the amnesty from the get go, they may do it in a limited way once the public fully understand it, i cannot see it though.

reforming the voting this is the big one, i dunno there is mounting pressure on all parties on this & it won't go away, it will happen one day anyway but there has to be more than that all party committee thing like there was last time.

Clegg also has to have some cabinet positions, maybe deputy PM, home or foreign.

my big worry is that if these talks fail that there will be another election in October & that Con will get a majority & the Lib's will lose seats, even a Lib/Lab won't last to long either because even if Brown did go & we ended up with Lib/Lab the public won't stand for another un-elected PM like what happened with Brown, the only way for a Lib/Lab is if Brown goes & the first thing done is electoral reform & then a new election is held, however this could cause a backlash against Lib as it would show they are only interested in political reform.

Clegg is in a tough spot really & he is damned if he does & damned if he doesn't, he was always going to end up in this position & i think its wrong of Lib voters to say they won't vote Lib again.

:)

Its gonna be a sad sad day for the country if NC makes the wrong decision and teams up with the Conservatives, there should be a Labour/Lib Dem coalition freezing out the C words

So the party with the most votes gets no power and we have another unelected leader. How democratic.

just like the last one then...

But we don't elect any prime minister do we? We just vote for an MP.

We didn't vote for David Cameron - We didn't vote for Clegg or Brown either. Only a few voted for them for MP.

But we don't elect any prime minister do we? We just vote for an MP.

We didn't vote for David Cameron - We didn't vote for Clegg or Brown either. Only a few voted for them for MP.

But if you vote for Conservative you are doing so in the knowledge that your vote will help them become prime minister and I'm sure alot of people don't know who there MP is and just vote for who they want to be leader, but techinically your right.

Funny!! :hahaha:

I was asking a neighbour yesterday what she thought of all the political stuff. The answer I got was "They should all go down the beach and eat ice-cream".

Not v. helpful.

I was very pleased, btw, to read that our LABOUR Ayrshire + Arran MP got 47.8% of all votes. Well done, everybody.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Hopefully with Cameron about to go in (if you believe the news), and another election potentially in October, he won't have time to do much damage, before he is kicked out again.

if there is another election later on in the year, the Tories will win with a big majority & the Lib-Dems vote will be decimated.

don't get to watch the Wright Stuff on tv as i'm at work, (have day off today due to being ill) but BBC radio's Nihal was on today & saying that the UK electoral system shouldn't change to proportional representation because people (himself included) don't understand how it works :rolleyes:

always had time for Nihal but i'm sorry to have to say this but this makes him sound like a idiot.

here is a simple enough guide to how it works http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8644480.stm

:)

Now I am majorily depressed.

I had a dream about people in red socks (GET THE LABOUR CONNECTION) running towards a table in total glee - if this is a premonition, then maybe the talks with LDs will break down, and LDs can join up with Brown.

If my dream proves indeed to be a premonition, I want lots of cash from UM.

you heard it here first.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

if there is another election later on in the year, the Tories will win with a big majority & the Lib-Dems vote will be decimated.

don't get to watch the Wright Stuff on tv as i'm at work, (have day off today due to being ill) but BBC radio's Nihal was on today & saying that the UK electoral system shouldn't change to proportional representation because people (himself included) don't understand how it works :rolleyes:

always had time for Nihal but i'm sorry to have to say this but this makes him sound like a idiot.

here is a simple enough guide to how it works http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8644480.stm

Tories would probably win it, sadly, because the majority of them in England seem to have voted the way Da Sun and other Murdoch News Outlets For Sheeple told them to...

I'll wager Nihal doesn't really understand how the current First Past The Post System works either, if I'm honest.

Thing is, whatever alliance/coalition Nick Clegg decides on, it's gonna lose him support. He's damned if he does go with the Tories and damned if he doesn't.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...