Unofficial Mills

Everybody Hurts - Haiti Single

Jono

It's not a bad attempt I guess... And remember it's all for charity.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2FEDNAqmmI&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x6b1916&color2=0xf7302a&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2FEDNAqmmI&rel=0&border=1&color1=0x6b1916&color2=0xf7302a&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

They couldn't have picked a more patronising song. The 'chin up, everyone has troubles' message is hardly appropriate when your country has been devestated by an earthquake.

Thats what I thought when I heard it but it's been done mainly for the people here rather than in Haiti. Obviously rushed together I don't think they thought too much about the song choice.

they are only doing it to make themselves look good :|

if it means that much to them they could easily afford to send £100mill between them much more that what will be raised by the record (it's a patronising song anyway, always has been).

i have already sent £25 to the Red Cross a few weeks ago, thats £25 more than Simon Cowell has sent of his own money!

:)

they are only doing it to make themselves look good :|

if it means that much to them they could easily afford to send £100mill between them much more that what will be raised by the record (it's a patronising song anyway, always has been).

i have already sent £25 to the Red Cross a few weeks ago, thats £25 more than Simon Cowell has sent of his own money!

how do you know? He might have donated loads.

if he had it would be in the papers, all the stars do it as it's a promotion thing.
It seems you've promoted yours too ;)

I don't think Simon Cowell giving a donation would have raised awareness. It'd have been in a small bit of the music pages and, whether you like him getting promotion or not, the CD will convince people to donate whether they like the song or not.

if he had it would be in the papers, all the stars do it as it's a promotion thing.

Well, whether he meant for this to happen or now, on the 26th of January Simon Cowell donated £5000 to a school boy's cycling campaign. Not much compared to the £1,000,000 some celebrities have donated. Charlie Simpson was aiming to raise £500 by cycling around his park or something. People have seen in the news (yes publicity) that Simon donated £5000 to this boy and people chosen this small cycle ride as a place to donate. So with the help of Simon Cowell donating and making headlines, Charlie Simpson has raised 39611% more than what he aimed to £198,054.34.

http://www.justgiving.com/CharlieSimpson-HAITI?pid=2205791&dtpn=1&ShortUrl=CharlieSimpson-HAITI#DonationTable

Y4Ar5.png