Unofficial Mills

Rajars Q4 2009

Jono

The RAJARs are due on February 4th (Thursday). Of course it'll show us very little about the big schedule changes in September as they tend not to be released, but it will give Radio 1 a good indication of how people first reacted to Fearne and Greg.

I predict that Moyles will be up, as per usual at this time of year.

I'll be suprised if we even get to hear what Greg and Fearne ratings are like anyway. I guess we will only hear if their up quite considerably.

But i guess it will take all four RAJAR quaters before we really find out how well there doing against Jo and Edith.

It wouldnt suprise me in this quarter if there down for Fearne and Greg but i think they will improve because 'No one likes change, do they?!'

''is Dave1 the real Dave ? '' E*F*4*L

I predict that Moyles will be up, as per usual at this time of year.

I'll be suprised if we even get to hear what Greg and Fearne ratings are like anyway. I guess we will only hear if their up quite considerably.

But i guess it will take all four RAJAR quaters before we really find out how well there doing against Jo and Edith.

It wouldnt suprise me in this quarter if there down for Fearne and Greg but i think they will improve because 'No one likes change, do they?!'

I take it these are some type of ratings?

I think it will take time for Fearne and Greg to get their ratings up with people getting used to the change in style (I don't think anyone will ever get used to Fearne's).

I think Moyles would could be down with all the fuss about Wogan leaving/people wanting to here him for last time. I can't see disillusioned Evans (who think he's too loud etc.) switching over to Moyles so I think he's rating will gradually drop (or at least won't go up again) and probably be radio 1's excuse for moving him on:cry:

Chris Moyles has added another 200,000 listeners to his breakfast following to bring it up to 7.24m each week, although this is still over half a million less than this time last year.

Radio 1 as a whole has done the opposite to Moyles in terms of reach, recording a dip to 10.76m compared to 11.1m in the last quarter, but improving year-on-year with Q4 figures in 2008 only claiming 10.58m.

In terms of share for the station, the new figure of 9.8 per cent is down on both the last quarter and the previous year, with 9.9percent and 10.1percent respectively.

The figures may show the early impacts of Radio 1’s schedule changes in September 2009, replacing Jo Whiley with Fearne Cotton on the 10am-1pm slot; and Edith Bowman with Greg James between 1pm and 4pm.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/news.php?extend.5599