Unofficial Mills

Minisites get a revamp!

Jono

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please someone tell me that they also would love one of those Radio1 egg cups and Chris Moyles show mugs to be sold for geeks like us :P

Oh that's an egg cup? I thought it was the top of one of those interview microphones :D

Guest toastisgood

Mmm. Only hope other dj's will follow along soon.

I like the photo frame though behind the eggcup/microphone thingy that you can click :P

Contact page looks a bit erm? LARGE.

Of random note, I learnt the other day they are called mic flags. Was looking to get some made for BritishGaming.

I love the new site: it's been a long time coming, but worth it. Nice to see the information on iPlayer, programme titles, and the videos bit dealt with. It deals with all my gripes I've had before, I don't actually have any "well love it, but what about..." points.

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/

This has just gone live. It looks a step towards Web 2.0 and it looks like this could be the way forward for the main shows on Radio 1. Lord knows how they would fill something like that for weekends though.

Web 2.0 in what way?

And for weekends, I can see no problem - it would be much the same, surely?

I just think it is information overload (which isn't a bad thing) which would be difficult to fill for individual shows such as Sara Cox's Lie In but that said that won't be too much of a problem now the main players - Edith and Jo Whiley - are moving to weekends.

I hope the running order won't always be this late online with the new system though. It's 1.45pm and no sign of information about the return of Moyles.

According to some BBC open meeting about internet related hooha, it's the same dynamic platform thingy that will do all 70 presenter sites across stations like 1 and 1xtra, with Moyles being the first one as we've seen.

The chart show pages were described by Chris Kimber, Managing Editor of Audio and Music Interactive as being "neglected", but to their surprise it consistently drives traffic to R1 Online. So they're going to be doing work to make it meaningful, with data visualisation, and also integrating artist information from the bbc.co.uk/music site. Goal for that is by the end of this year.

The music site is also going to have a new discovery element, and have live sessions and documentaries in rotation on the site as and when they are broadcast (aiming for about 50 live sessions at once, so this may mean Live Lounge ones last a bit longer than the current 7 days).

Launching in about a month or so on 5live will be chapterisation for audio, which is self explanatory really, but when that goes live would be something perfect for the CM show.

They are also looking to keep podcasts up permanently, if they can sort out some policy stuff.

The videos of the open meeting went up this morning. There's a 20 minute one on A&MI. I've summarised most of the interesting R1 related points, but there's lots of 5live/Electric Proms they talk about too.

Oh yeah, and they're working towards tracklisting on all shows on TV too.

I don't approve of how tight the iPlayer is with regards to the end of Chris' show. I mean what happens if he goes over the time, and I would class the handover still as a bit of Moyles. Could they not add an extra five minutes on so we don't have to wait until gone 1pm to hear the handover and the end of the show?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...