The Chris Moyles Record-Breaking Show

Jono

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that Cheryl Cole song is atrocious. Just the most dull, bland, autopilot rubbish. Seriously, that was terrible.

And a waste of 3mins of an otherwise good show

Texts really have slowed down. Only 13 a minute now

Chris Moyles has become the longest-serving breakfast DJ on BBC Radio 1.

The Leeds-born radio host, who first joined the BBC in 1997, has overtaken a record set by Tony Blackburn more than 30 years ago.

Moyles began his flagship radio role on 5 January 2004 and has now clocked up 2,073 days in the job.

In an interview with Daily Mirror, he said he would be happy to carry on in the role and had agreed to take a pay cut to "help the BBC out a little bit".

<!-- E SF -->"I have taken a cut because they wanted me to take a cut," he is quoted as saying.

"Everyone is taking a cut. It is very frustrating but budgets are down.

"I don't like the fact that I am earning less than I was two years ago, and I don't deserve to be because we are working harder and the figures are up.

"But at the same time if the BBC are saying 'help us out for a bit', then that's fine."

Radio saviour

Moyles and his team are celebrating the milestone with a tour of Britain, kicking off with a live show in Plymouth.

They will go on to travel to Cardiff, Leeds and Glasgow before returning to London.

The 35-year-old joined the station in 1997, initially working in the 0400 slot.

But the self-styled "saviour of Radio 1" never hid his ambition of landing what he considered to be the top job in radio.

<!-- S IBOX --> <table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="208"> <tbody><tr> <td width="5">o.gif</td> <td class="sibtbg"> RADIO 1'S BREAKFAST HOSTS

Tony Blackburn

Noel Edmonds

Dave Lee Travis

Mike Read

Mike Smith

Simon Mayo

Mark Goodier

Steve Wright

Chris Evans

Mark Radcliffe and Lard

Kevin Greening and Zoe Ball

Zoe Ball

Sara Cox

Chris Moyles

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- E IBOX --> Since taking over the breakfast slot from Sara Cox, Moyles' time on air has been extended twice and he has boosted the show's audience from 5.5m listeners a week to the current level of 7.3m.

His zoo-style format has won him a loyal audience, and his core team - co-presenter "Comedy Dave" Vitty, producers Rachel Jones and Aled Jones and newsreader Dominic Byrne - have been with him since the show started.

Sportsreader Carrie Davis joined when she replaced Juliette Ferrington in October 2004.

But Moyles's career on the station has not been without controversy, and he has previously drawn fire for jokes about Auschwitz and gay singer Will Young.

In July the DJ hit out at BBC red tape and the lengths that the corporation goes to not to cause upset.

Some critics have also questioned whether the DJ can keep in touch with the young listeners the Radio 1 aims to attract.

Tony Blackburn gave up the breakfast show up when 29, saying at the time he was married and "didn't fit the image any more".

Earlier this year BBC Radio 1 denied that it was preparing to replace Moyles.

"He has a hugely successful show with over seven million listeners," said a spokesman at the time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8241003.stm

and

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8236484.stm

james_ryder.png

I very much enjoyed the Jaguar Skills mix. So many MP3 clips (Jeff Man, Dave Man... and I Love Horses) I had forgotten about.

It's so weird hearing the show stuff from 2004 and 2005 when I was standing at the bus stop waiting for actual school listening to the show on a pocket radio especially purchased for the show :D

I think you forget how long you've grown up with the show.

Chris sounded like he was about to have a bit of a cry at the end of the show before his link with Jo which is not like him!!

I may have been a bit emotional by the point Gary Barlow's birthday song appeared in the mix. :*

I just hit up the iPlayer for the epic jingle, and wow, it delivered. I need an mp3 of that asap. <3

Music 4 are yet to put it up on there site.

And if your interested unless you have already heard it the original is here

http://www.music4.com/musicservices/catalogue/370/bbc-radio-1/chris-moyles.html

james_ryder.png

Guest inxces4308
Would anyone mind posting an MP3 of the Jaguar Skills mix for those of us who don't live in the UK? Thanks.

I don't get it.....You can download the full mix from the Radio 1 website. Its a direct link so it wouldn't matter whatever country you where in....