Unofficial Mills

Madonna is Ma-Gonna!

Jono

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't like her new record at all. miles away was ok, and that one where she stole the sample from abba did well. but that was 4 years ago now. she should move on and just do all her old stuff, latest being 'music' from 2000. and leave it to gwen stefani and lady gaga to walk around with little on, they are younger. madonna is as old as my mom, and it's been well wrong for years now.

I can get Metallica back on the playlist as well.

if you can get them to play 'one' and 'enter sandman', it would be awesome beyond life.

unrealated, but jo whiley played limp bizkits my way this morning when i was coming back from wales. brilliant to hear that on radio 1, the last time they probably played that was 8 years ago.

on the grid.

There you go, Mitch3LL, in your actual face!! Sue wasn't crying, just expressing strong opinions!! 8) Like many of M's fans, we know what's best!! And any kind of fan, I think, would put up a fight on her behalf.

Yes, she was. She was coming up with all this looney crock of crap that BBC was breaking remit because OH NO, MADONNA DIDN'T GET ONE SONG ON THE PLAYLIST, WORLD ENDING, WORLD ACTUAL ENDING, INSERT OTHER SCOTT MILLS CATCHPHRASES THAT HE PROBABLY STOLE FROM DANNY BAKER OR SOMEONE IN AMERICA! Who fucking cares, other than Madonna fans? I want Metallica on the playlist but I can understand and appreciate why certain songs won't make it on there because I'm a sane and rational human being who isn't thinking through his fanboyism.

Cool Sue's argument boiled down to "you aren't playing Madonna so here, have my toys from this here pram and hopefully someone will care." She hasn't posted before this topic, and she won't ever post again. Fanboy horseshit and if she returns, she'll only return to say something about "oh I'm not a fangirl, I'm telling the truth" and making more bull up that still doesn't actually point out how Madonna and the remit are in any way related. Which they aren't. She just tried to make out that they were because that's what fanboyism does.

She was here purely to be a fangirl and now she's got her own way, she can leave and return to her little bubble where she can ignore the real world and sane, logical thinking.

hard to take your "rock" obsessions seriously.

This, also, makes absolutely no sense. It could, essentially, mean one of two things:

Either

a) you can't take my rock fanboyism seriously, which is odd considering I've often conceded publicly that Radio One's attitude for rock music is lax, but can understand why this is the case (because I'm not an idiot) and have also been appreciative of when any rock music has been added.

or

B) you can't understand why anyone would like rock music, which makes you stupid and ignorant.

And we already know you're one of those, but I also know that you never read posts and make up your own argument, so I'm thinking it could swing either way really.

Well, as your mind appears to be made up, and you're resorting to silly, name-throwing insults, why should I bother arguing with you??

I shall simply rise above your low insults, like a phoenix rising from the ashes. :-)

It comes down to this (and even I am becoming bored with this topic) - Madonna still has lots to offer, and clearly R1 agree, the latest album is a celebration of all she has done, and been playlisted for in the past, therefore this is just one of the reasons why this is not the moment to cast her aside. Now this is definitely sane, and this is definitely rational. Even you may be able to see some kind of logic here.

I do appreciate the views that she is an "older" artist, but there is no reason logically why older and younger cannot sit on that playlist. Eminem, by your reasoning, will also shortly have to go. Getting on a bit, eh? OMG.

Live with it. Ultimately, she will be off the playlist - just not yet.

O, and actually, believe or not, I can understand why someone would like rock music. And, if you want something done about it, well, speak up!! You've got a voice, haven't you!!

One thing I do agree with is that Cool Sue will, more than likely, not return.

Incidentally, R2 were playing John Lennon the other day, as well as other obscure stuff even I hadn't heard of. This isn't the moment for Madonna to sit amongst this kind of stuff.

Not yet.

It's tough. You'd expected her to be cast aside, but she survived!! Get over it.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Jesus christ. The records 4 minutes long. If it really means that much to you i can burn you a copy and send it to you to put on your ipod so you can listen to it over and over and over again. But 11 pages??

Quit throwing insults around, and if you really dislike the bilge on the playlist at the moment, there are plenty of other radio stations out there, that perhaps cater more for your likes. Sorry to say it, but maybe your just reaching the end of your time with Radio 1, and it's time to move on?

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

If it really means that much to you i can burn you a copy and send it to you to put on your ipod so you can listen to it over and over and over again. But 11 pages??

i have all the songs Edith sang on celeb fame academy on a cd & imy ipod & even my mobie :D

(i'm weird) :hahaha:

:)

Jesus christ. The records 4 minutes long. If it really means that much to you i can burn you a copy and send it to you to put on your ipod so you can listen to it over and over and over again. But 11 pages??

Quit throwing insults around, and if you really dislike the bilge on the playlist at the moment, there are plenty of other radio stations out there, that perhaps cater more for your likes. Sorry to say it, but maybe your just reaching the end of your time with Radio 1, and it's time to move on?

Thanks, but I already have the tune!! :-)

There's plenty of stuff on the playlist I still like, so I'll stay where I am, thanks very much. No wish to bore myself to death with R2 just yet. I'm just questioning the ageism stuff.

And I like Scott and Chris Moyles.

This is a victory for the ears of the masses!!

Plus, Lady Gaga has landed, thank you very much.

I can't resist this next quote off of Hello, so I'll finish my contribution to this topic with this:

"The term 'Madonna Years' should be coined, because 12 months in her life is as eventful as a decade for a mere mortal".

Over & Out. :D:D:D Unless, of course, she is removed from the playlist - in which case, I shall return, armed with petitions.

I only posted the article to see how Viv responded. I had little interest in the actual story ;)

Well done. :-)

Without meaning to stir it all up, Radio 1 are saying how they've got to play music that is relevant to the younger listeners, but why do they still regularly play songs from four or five(ish) years ago? They still play Doctor Pressure (yawn), Let Me Think About It (boring), they played the awful 'Voodoo Child' today... there is a main offender but ironically I can't remember it although Radio 1 plays it all the time!

I don't get this 'filler' they seem to stuff the playlist with which you can be guaranteed to hear every day- why is it always average one-hit-wonder dance-lite? They could replace it with new music instead of songs that have been played to death. I'm sure it'd fit more in with the youth orientated direction.

Without meaning to stir it all up, Radio 1 are saying how they've got to play music that is relevant to the younger listeners, but why do they still regularly play songs from four or five(ish) years ago? They still play Doctor Pressure (yawn), Let Me Think About It (boring), they played the awful 'Voodoo Child' today... there is a main offender but ironically I can't remember it although Radio 1 plays it all the time!

I don't get this 'filler' they seem to stuff the playlist with which you can be guaranteed to hear every day- why is it always average one-hit-wonder dance-lite? They could replace it with new music instead of songs that have been played to death. I'm sure it'd fit more in with the youth orientated direction.

Chemical Brothers: Galvanise keeps re-appearing!! R1 like that.

I have a feeling this "youth orientated direction" may not last. Who knows.

The target range in itself is quite, quite mad: choice of station shouldn't be to do with age - i.e. person approaches 30, person must go and listen to R2. Even though person may wish to know what's current and what's going on re: new music.

Chemical Brothers: Galvanise keeps re-appearing!! R1 like that.

I have a feeling this "youth orientated direction" may not last. Who knows.

Yeah, they're going to scrap it and add The Mamas and Papas and Doctor Hook into the playlist.

That wasn't my point. :-/

I'm talking in general about the dumbing down... DJ's being moved to the weekend, because they're getting "older" etc., etc.

A lot of confusion out there, AKA temporarily (I hope) losing one's way...... :?:

Viv. Just to clarify - the BBC Trust are a body that govern the BBC on behalf of the British public. They give licences to the BBC Radio stations. They decide on what the criteria is - we then fulfil those licences (even commercial radio have to do this but to a body called OFCOM).

They have decided that we should cater a 15 - 30 age group. WE don't say you can't listen to us outside of these ages but we must show we're catering to this age group or I don't know what will happen. Maybe the bosses get sacked.

Chris is brilliant at broadcasting ti a young audience 2.5 million teenagers or younger listen to us. 1/4 of 15-19 year olds listen to us. Chris' humour is also enjoyed by people of all ages - we don't want those people to stop listening, but for us to fulfil our remit we have to show that we are serving our core audience of 15-30. The BBC Trust produced a report saying that the way they want to measure that is by seeing Radio 1's average age go down in the next year.

Problem is for every 40 or 50 year old that listens that will disproportionately drag the average up combating every 20 year old that tunes in. And there are A LOT more over 30s out there than there are under. That's why there's a big focus in the press about age. Hence why decisions about music that appeal to over 30 year olds will be taken very carefully.

It's called variety. It's good to hear a song and think 'oh I haven't heard that in a while'. Granted it's sometimes a fairly average song that I don't much like, but the same applies to some of the songs on the current playlist anyway. I assume Radio 1 has a certain number of ex-playlist songs from the last few years that they will play in each show.

Viv. Just to clarify - the BBC Trust are a body that govern the BBC on behalf of the British public. They give licences to the BBC Radio stations. They decide on what the criteria is - we then fulfil those licences (even commercial radio have to do this but to a body called OFCOM).

They have decided that we should cater a 15 - 30 age group. WE don't say you can't listen to us outside of these ages but we must show we're catering to this age group or I don't know what will happen. Maybe the bosses get sacked.

Chris is brilliant at broadcasting ti a young audience 2.5 million teenagers or younger listen to us. 1/4 of 15-19 year olds listen to us. Chris' humour is also enjoyed by people of all ages - we don't want those people to stop listening, but for us to fulfil our remit we have to show that we are serving our core audience of 15-30. The BBC Trust produced a report saying that the way they want to measure that is by seeing Radio 1's average age go down in the next year.

Problem is for every 40 or 50 year old that listens that will disproportionately drag the average up combating every 20 year old that tunes in. And there are A LOT more over 30s out there than there are under. That's why there's a big focus in the press about age. Hence why decisions about music that appeal to over 30 year olds will be taken very carefully.

Bless you Aled, you're a lot smarter than some people think (professional too) :D Knew you would get that A in Geography.

PS: Vivvy, just winding you up ;P

EDIT: The song is playing right now......

Y4Ar5.png

• 3 weeks later...

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xFheDHaFzk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xFheDHaFzk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

A stronger track.