Unofficial Mills

The Chris Moyles Show Tour

Jono

"There'll be a tour bus, amplifiers and a bowl of actual blue M&Ms."

* Cardiff (Monday 7 September)

* Leeds (Tuesday 8 September)

* Glasgow (Wednesday 9 September)

* Indigo at London (Thursday 10 September)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles/tour/2009/

"Sorry folks we can't go to Northern Ireland, this is Piers Bradford's fault. But it's because of the bus, we can't use the bus for two days if we were to go there". They rest assure listeners they'll try to get to Northern Ireland soon.

Bummer that you can only enter for one night. I'd have gone to Leeds, London or Cardiff. Ah well, I've applied for the IndigO2 gig and will make Hannah apply too.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bummer that you can only enter for one night. I'd have gone to Leeds, London or Cardiff. Ah well, I've applied for the IndigO2 gig and will make Hannah apply too.

Let me check that. I think it's one entry PER VENUE not at all. Let me check first though.

Let me check that. I think it's one entry PER VENUE not at all. Let me check first though.
I don't know what made me think that but it does say "applications are capped at one entry per person per event" so I wasn't sure what they called an event - the venue or the whole tour. Plus Dave said one entry per person this morning.

Can't beleive the tour isn't coming to Northern Ireland, always get left out over here and the excuses this morning were poor, as was said on the show, its a hour or so to NI on a ferry from Scotland so how Aled could say there was no time to get everything set up baffles me, surely it takes longer than an hour to get to Cardiff etc driving. Really poor to leave out Northern Ireland when your doing a tour of the UK and should it not have been sorted out the start to accomdate us, we do a pay a licence fee and listen to the show too.

If it's an hour from NI to the nearest venue surely that's no different to say me having to travel between three and five hours to each venue? They didn't say they'd be able to cover every where in four days.

To defend them, they did give a few reasons, clearly had looked in to it, and it's a 4 night tour: it could only be 4 nights, the band are booked on the Friday for a festival (look up Rockaoke), and it's got to make sense with the show. With the travel thing, it's no surprise they're STARTING in Cardiff.

They also clearly said that they will be coming to NI in the near future too: they recognise people will be upset, and will make up for it.

The bigger scandal is that Aled didn't make the tour line up with the diaries of UM members.

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

If it's an hour from NI to the nearest venue surely that's no different to say me having to travel between three and five hours to each venue? They didn't say they'd be able to cover every where in four days.

Fair enough, I don't expect them to cover everywhere, it would just have been nice for the 4 countries of the UK to be covered. I feel if they really wanted to they could have covered us over here and the tour should have been set up so that the tour could have accomadated all 4 countries, Aleds excuses seemed this morning just to be a bit flimsy.