Unofficial Mills

Can you explain the PR4L phenomenon?

Jono

Me and Paula were talking to PR4L's friend after the musical on Tuesday night and he said he wasn't a big listener but couldn't quite understand the craze behind her popularity.

It is quite a weird one and I think it's hard to explain. This is a woman who is out of the Radio 1 target audience and her voice is only heard by the older generation. Yet it's a powerful voice that has had Scott's listeners hooked since last July when she appeared on breakfast on tape early in the mornings.

I think it was only intended as a short feature idea for breakfast but it then became the weekly Thursday feature after breakfast and it's generated a huge of love for her.

She is amazing and a lovely lady but I just can't explain it to others the appeal of PR4L. It's taken over a year for her to appear live on the show yet listeners have loved her since day one!

PR4L truly is a phenomenon! Her voice seems to have the ability to take you to a happy place of winking smilies and cheeky intonation!

She is also one of the loveliest people I have ever met, who seemed only too pleased to speak to any of her fans after SMTM.

PR4L is a legend!!

Was it you that kept asking her to say 'winking smiley'. I went up to her later and she said "I hope you don't want a winking smiley from me too". Haha.

Guilty as charged, Jono!

She promised me one the next night too so when she came into the bar after the show, she kindly obliged!

Get in!

PR4L is just brilliant! There's something about hearing a posh voice being a bit naughty that just makes you laugh out loud and that's probably why people love her so much. When you think Radio 4, you think middle class, Daily Mail and Agas - you certainly don't think funny, engaging and minxy, but that's what PR4L is and we love her for it. Should be live on Dear Scott every day!

It works because the Show is aimed at a young audience, she walks in, she's the opposite to what you would expect, and BOOM!! It's a hit!!

I would tend to agree with this. I'd also add that from all accounts she seems to be a truly intelligent, witty, lovely person who plays the ukelele. I've had some very nice exchanges with her on Twitter, and there are some really positive reactions from UMers who actually met her.

I actually think Mr Kiz has a crush. Perhaps that's why his PM service on UM wasn't working? Hmmm? ;)

Long live PR4L on TSMS!!1111

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

It works because the Show is aimed at a young audience, she walks in, she's the opposite to what you would expect, and BOOM!! It's a hit!!

I was about to post something similar. I think it's the fact that it's so very different to the rest of the show, it seems a complete juxtaposition to it. That makes it seem a bit of an in joke, and therefore a bit 'cool'.

Because she was from radio 4 i wasn't sure before she was live on it if she listened to the show, if she thought it was funny or if she was just doing it solely for the money and wasn't really a big fan of that type of thing. But she really seems to like it and like the show and the team and she enjoyed being in the musical, which is nice.

www.GottaBeAndrew.com

I actually think Mr Kiz has a crush. Perhaps that's why his PM service on UM wasn't working? Hmmm? ;)

Long live PR4L on TSMS!!1111

No I don't... ok? I don't... really. Ok? I don't. Really.

Maybe just a bit then. I'd definitely put my coat over a puddle for a winking smilie!

LOL.

Guest CancerForTheCure

Whenever I talk to any of my friends about the Musical they seemed particularly excited about the fact we'd spoken to PR4L. I have to say I like her even more after talking to her in person. She is really sweet. And I absolutely loved her friend who actually didn't have a clue what was going on. Personally, I don't really understand what it is but hopefully she'll always be a big part of the show ;)