Unofficial Mills

Obsessive

Don't you think your all a bit obsessed with Scott Mills, wasting pounds worth of credit to get on the radio, making numerous threads about little annecdotes made by scott. Don't get me wrong i like the show, just, this seems obsessive to me, like all you people following Scott. And like i said i like the show, but wtf is going on with oh what occuring its like the most cheesiest and annoying thing about the show, its even worst then the music played on the station, and that IS saying something

Don't you think your all a bit obsessed with Scott Mills, wasting pounds worth of credit to get on the radio, making numerous threads about little annecdotes made by scott. Don't get me wrong i like the show, just, this seems obsessive to me, like all you people following Scott. And like i said i like the show, but wtf is going on with oh what occuring its like the most cheesiest and annoying thing about the show, its even worst then the music played on the station, and that IS saying something

Why take your time to register and post your little thread in the wrong forum.:P

Sam

Did you not just lurk and join a forum about Radio 1 and then come on and talk about Scott's show. Is that not what basically we're doing anyway? :confused:

Who said anyone is wasting credit to get on the radio? Anything read out by Scott from me is lifted from the forum posts.

I think it's quite cool really how this forum is a place that has led on to people making friends, some meet ups with others, and I even met my last girlfriend because she read about me on here! That sounds a bit geeky but at the end of the day it's quite cool too. The forum isn't going to float everyone's boat but it still attracts 50,000 unique visitors a month so some people clearly enjoy it!

I like it because it's also a great way for me to get creative with jokes and ideas which are picked up on Radio 1. I don't think anyone can say that's not cool to hear stuff you've thought of going out to over 5 million people.

Personally I don't choose to be obsessive. There are some times I would probably tune out but I know if I do the site will lose it's sparkle. If I don't know what's happening I can't follow any stories or clip stuff and then it suffers. The only way we get promotion is that way because of the BBC guidelines anyway :)

Remember I'm only a student and I was only 15 when I started it. It's not like the BBC fund it and as long as there's an audience out there I don't see why it should upset others :)

Well said Mr R. 5 years on and we are still kicking. We can't be doing too much wrong

And those that disappear come crawling back :P

I think the haters have to do much more these days to upset us. Five years ago that would have hurt!

I am in the 'crawling back' category. To be fair, I am surprised we have lasted this long. Its amazing we have, and I certainly have no complaints.

I wonder where the older members are these days.... Fish Heads, Quincy et al

take control

Don't you think your all a bit obsessed with Scott Mills

Not really, I haven't listened to the live show in months, only the podcasts.

wasting pounds worth of credit to get on the radio

Never texted or spent any money on Radio1

making numerous threads about little annecdotes made by scott

The only threads I make around here are pointless ones, and not related to Scott Mills at all.

I love you Chippy!

Thank you.

I just come here for the lovely people, who I may annoy now and then by being 'mean', and I would think I am more active in the lounge for the 'other stuff' news.

I love you all! :D

Y4Ar5.png

It's Viv ;)

It is not me!! The OWO comments may sound like it's me, but it isn't.

Now.... as regards being obsessive..... hmmmm... I know I always like to think I can really enjoy being here, but am equally not so obsessed that I couldn't walk away!! Or take a break, if my circumstances were to change, or whatever.

I quite enjoy posting about stuff about R1, and helping to promote stuff. It's very interesting...... Not everything is always necessarily about money (however mad that may sound). I know, from my own personal experiences, I'm lucky to have experienced a lot thanks to R1 (I won't post why), so it's kind of great to be able to hand a lot right back. :)

It's a fansite, so people are gonna pick up on what Scott has to say... The musical needs discussing, guests come in, there's Records of The Week, so yep, there's going to be topics.

I text in a number of times a week, so yeah, money being spent on texts, but I quite enjoy the on-air mentions, so why not. Plus, my pick-up rate tends to be as high as 8 out 10 texts, so this pleases me. :-)

Anyhow, like I said, not everything is necessarily always about money.

It's even worst then the music played on the station, and that IS saying something

If you don't the music, then switch off!! I think most of the playlist is OK, and thanks to R1, I have discovered new Bands and artists I like, and I'm even getting in to Zane Lowe at the moment.

I even met my last girlfriend because she read about me on here!

Bless!! :D

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

put it into perspective if you look at the hoff's official forums and fansites they are nothing compared to unofficial mills. and he is arguably a very big star and promotes everything constantly. yet if you go on there you cannot find his tv show anywhere to watch all the fans come here :D