Unofficial Mills

Chappers and Dave on Weekend Breakfast

Jono

The first weekend breakfast without Grimmy - on Saturday 6th June 2009 and Sunday 7th June 2009 - will be presented by Chappers and Dave. I assume they will continue to hold the fort until a schedule shake-up after the summer.

Good stuff but exactly what you said would happen.

james_ryder.png

Good stuff but exactly what you said would happen.

It just seems the Radio 1 way of doing things. Publicity didn't have no information at the moment either so three or four months of presenting weekend breakfast for Chappers and Dave seemed the likely way. However, I dare say it will mean a few more holidays for Chappers during Scott's show.

Well to be working 7 days a week for a few months will start to wear him down. Plus no time with the kids. I assume that Dave will take an occasional day off Chris Moyles Show too

Probably not actually - the Chris Moyles Show are having their first holiday since coming back this year, so they'll probably use a few up between now and the schedule change.

Chappers and Dave are ok, but they always feel temporary and as if they are standing in because there is no one else!

They do so much cover and so many shows maybe they should be a bit more professional and sound as if they want to be there, their sarcasm works well as part of a team but if R1 are going to use them as proper presenters maybe they need to be given a bit more respect and just present weekend breakfast and not Chris and Scotts shows as well?

Well it is up to date as of when they were last semi-permenantly on air, is it not? When they were doing the lie-in.

Yes but that was added in after they finished the lie-in. They could have had more about stuff like the International Lie-In. The page wasn't touched when they did Sunday mornings and the content all refers to the last time they did a full weekend breakfast stint for a month.

Yes but that was added in after they finished the lie-in. They could have had more about stuff like the International Lie-In. The page wasn't touched when they did Sunday mornings and the content all refers to the last time they did a full weekend breakfast stint for a month.

I do believe a member of R1 Online once came on this site and said that the site wasn't poorly updated. I honestly don't know how they can say that. For a station such as R1 I'd expect the website to be updated far more often.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Nah I don't think they would. For one I would assume it's a pay cut going from 5 days to 2 days a week. Plus Dave writes so much for Chris' show, almost all the jingles, Cheggers Pop Quiz/Carpark Catchphrase, all the parodies, etc.

Don't think Chappers would want to doing his own show every week and never getting to read his sports news again

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

After reading around there appears to be a lot of interest in getting Chappers and Dave a permanent weekend slot, would you both be up for doing that - with or without Scott's weekday show? Jesus Christ - what have you been reading? Have our mum's started up a Chappers and Dave for weekends campaign like the Free Deirdre campaign? I think things work just fine as they are, although we would do whatever we were asked to. Apart from work with Brian Dowling.

http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/team/chappers_q.php