Unofficial Mills

Surgeons find fir tree growing inside patient's lung

DarkAngelMJH

The amazing discovery was made when they opened up Artyom Sidorkin, 28, to remove what they thought was a serious tumour.

Sidorkin had complained of extreme pain in his chest and had been coughing up blood. Doctors were convinced he had cancer.

"We were 100 per cent sure," said surgeon Vladimir Kamashev from Izhevsk in the Urals. "We did X-rays and found what looked exactly like a tumour.

"I had seen hundreds before, so we decided on surgery."

Before removing part of the man's lung, the surgeon investigated the tissue.

"I thought I was hallucinating," said Kamashev. "I asked my assistant to have a look: 'Come and see this – we've got a fir tree here'. He nodded in shock. I blinked three times as I sure I was seeing things."

Medical staff believe Sidorkin had somehow inhaled a seed, which later sprouted into a small fir tree inside his lung.

The spruce, which was touching the man's capillaries and causing severe pain, was removed.

"It was very painful. But to be honest I did not feel any foreign object inside me," said Sidorkin. "I'm so relieved it's not cancer."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/5152953/Surgeons-find-fir-tree-growing-inside-patients-lung.html

Sounds nasty!!! Glad I don't inhale apple seeds! :*

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

its wierd but i never actually knew a lung looked like that... I thought it looked like that anatomy dummy in school!

lungs in real life can look different from each other & don't forget when organs are full of blood they will look like the one in the pic, their natural bloodless color is a whitish grey :)

i have seen a few different lungs close up normal, diseased & ones full of cancer at a Dr. Gunther von Hagens exhibition, seeing the human body all open & exposed is simply astonishing it really is & if you get the chance to go to one of his exhibitions i highly recommend going i really do !

the one i went to he was actually there :D nice bloke he is to.

:)

Lovely... reminds me of when I was a baby I apparently stuck a piece of Christmas tree up my nose. I was coughing up blood and they took me to hospital and did X-rays but couldn't work out what was wrong. Then apparently I sneezed and a piece of Christmas tree came out. My parents love telling me that story. And anyone else if they feel like embarrassing me.

Odd that it actually managed to grow inside him. Maybe his lungs produce light or something. I suppose there'd be plenty of CO2 around.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Guest CancerForTheCure

Odd that it actually managed to grow inside him. Maybe his lungs produce light or something. I suppose there'd be plenty of CO2 around.

That's what I thought, surely it's not natural?