Unofficial Mills

London riots

phoenix

so people shouldn't protest & make their voices heard ?

what we need in this country is more people like this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV-tk8CrqCQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV-tk8CrqCQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:)

I think that it is regretable that people got hurt, it was necessary to ensure public safety. The woman was acting provactively/ agressively- and in the days of equality she should be treated the same as a man.

The man however, was treated poorly, however there was no way of knowing what he was doing, for example, he could have been setting off a bomb (from his pockets) and the police acted "for the worst case scenario". However it would of been more appropriate for the police to have "a word".

It is very easy to judge the police, but you have to think about there point of view, after being told to go away, the woman was hit- probably in the least forceful way, when she came back for me she needed to be stopped.

I wonder how many people who "demonstrated" actually knew what they were protesting for. People who claim that it is there human rights to be able to protest should notice that they have the right to peacefully protest- people who smashed windows stopped a peaceful protest from happening.

etheridge_tom.png

Lucinda's dad got a bit of a battering in The Guardian today for his opinions. There are some very angry people out there in Britain these days! http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/apr/16/ipcc-police-protests

There certainly are, and the nameless, faceless world of commenting on the online news is where they love to express their angry views.

I think my dad expected a negative reaction though so I doubt he's too concerned. He's just glad it's not his job any more (he's retired), having dealt with the Stephen Lawrence case when he worked for the PCA and then the Jean Charles de Menezes case.

I wouldn't be surprised if they rebrand the IPCC again in the not so distant future, it seems to be a popular tactic of this Government.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

so people shouldn't protest & make their voices heard?

yes against police that have nothing to do with the recession & global warming. maybe they should be spending time making those daisy hats, while the rest of us go to work.

I think that it is regretable that people got hurt, it was necessary to ensure public safety. The woman was acting provactively/ agressively- and in the days of equality she should be treated the same as a man.

The man however, was treated poorly, however there was no way of knowing what he was doing, for example, he could have been setting off a bomb (from his pockets) and the police acted "for the worst case scenario". However it would of been more appropriate for the police to have "a word".

It is very easy to judge the police, but you have to think about there point of view, after being told to go away, the woman was hit- probably in the least forceful way, when she came back for me she needed to be stopped.

I wonder how many people who "demonstrated" actually knew what they were protesting for. People who claim that it is there human rights to be able to protest should notice that they have the right to peacefully protest- people who smashed windows stopped a peaceful protest from happening.

couldn't of put that any better myself.

on the grid.

I'm not saying that man should have died, but walking slowly infront of numerous police in the middle of a riot is the stupidist thing I've ever heard.

I don't understand why people think they can disrupt public places, then moan when police try to stop them.

Tell that to that guy who stood in front of the tanks in Tiananmen Square. Where's that bloody You tube video when you need it. That guy is a legend. He stands (perhaps unknowingly) for everything that is right in the world. Him and the guy in the tent on parliament square.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

Tell that to that guy who stood in front of the tanks in Tiananmen Square. Where's that bloody You tube video when you need it. That guy is a legend. He stands (perhaps unknowingly) for everything that is right in the world. Him and the guy in the tent on parliament square.

Here you go Andy...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-nXT8lSnPQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-nXT8lSnPQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

so people shouldn't protest & make their voices heard ?

what we need in this country is more people like this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV-tk8CrqCQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV-tk8CrqCQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this one i posted the other day ?

People should be allowed to protest without the cops twatting them one.

I totally agree with you.

Re: the lady the policeman struck with his hand and baton: he could've picked her up and moved her back.

I was quite surprised at the level of anger displayed by some posters in this thread.

Seconded. When I heard the woman saying the policemen could've just picked her up and put her down somewhere else, it reminded me of my classes with 4-6 year olds. I used to move them about quite a lot too.

There is absolutely no need for this level of 'force' from the Police Force.

I am also rather unimpressed with some of the comments on here.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

there is another one now

A third incident involving policing of the G20 protest in London has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

It comes amid an investigation into the death of newspaper seller Ian Tomlinson, who died after being pushed over by police on 1 April.

A protester also says she was hit by police in the face a day later.

The complaint about the third incident is believed to allege an officer used excessive force in Cornhill on 1 April.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8005966.stm

doesn't surprise me one bit, bet this happened loads of times to people & the police will just get away with it.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dVmate9RGY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dVmate9RGY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

GRAPHIC new video evidence showing a policeman hitting a protester with a shield during the G20 demonstrations in London is being released by The Sunday Times today.

Lawyers have included this and another film of a policeman punching a man as part of a dossier alleging 10 serious assaults. It will be passed to MPs. Footage filmed at the Climate Camp protest on April 1 shows an officer in riot gear punching a man hard in the face as a crowd retreats from a police line.

A second video shows Alex Kinnane, 24, an IT technician from London, being hit on the back of the head with a shield by an officer in riot gear. In both cases the victims appear to pose no threat to the officer.

from the sunday times

the next time something like this happens it wouldn't surprise me if the protesters around the indecent retaliated against the police person who attacked a protester.

hitting a woman over the head with a riot shield when she was just standing there, i hope his mother is proud of him !