Unofficial Mills

is it weird to have a girl boy couple with the same name

squiggle

Oh hell! That was my advice!

I don't think it's weird at all - no. It's maybe been meant to be.

well i'm called charlie (boy) and there's this othere girl called charlie who's stupidly hot, but i was wondering if i should even bother going for it as she might just find it weird that we have the same name. imagine it "are charlie and charlie coming tonight?"

Wasn't Paris Hilton engaged to a bloke called Paris a few years back?

I don't know any couples who have the same name but I can imagine it happening. My friend got a hair cut though and her ex grew his hair and I've got a photo of them where they're dressed the same and have the same colour, same length hair, it's a bit weird.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Well, my ex got together with a guy with the same name as him a couple of years back (I should probably add at this point that he's bi) and it didn't seem to bother him. But names such as Sam, Alex, Charlie etc. are quite common among both boys and girls so it could happen more often than we might think. Personally I'd find it a bit creepy if I ever met a guy called Helen (and just generally quite strange that someone actually named a boy Helen in the first place) but as it's very unlikely I don't think it's something I have to worry about...

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

No, it's rare for me to come across anyone with my name, so if it was a bloke it would be weird. But I suppose the equivalent would be a bloke called Luke or Lucius or something, with the same Latin root. I have a friend called David and a friend called Dave and I find that confusing enough because everyone refers to them both as Dave. I don't think they're likely to start a gay relationship any time soon though.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Nah, i don't think it's weird. Just something they'll get sick of people bringing up constantly, as if they've never realised before. Could get confusing too, especially when dealing with businesses.

"Hello, is Alex Ball there please."

"Yes, speaking."

"Erm.. I'm sorry sir, we were expecting a female?"

"Oh, thats my wife, hold on."

www.GottaBeAndrew.com

I don't know of any "same name" couples but I did know a Kyle and Kylie and a Paul and Paula- it's just a bit weird but you can't help who you fall for! I don't think it would be any more confusing than when people have the same name as their father or mother, which is quite common!

caitlynmac.png