Unofficial Mills

Moyles branded racist over Polish remarks

Jono

Hmm. I wonder if that title could be considered slanderous!

Also, why do people always go for Moyles' weight! there's always a "fat" jibe, isn't there.

It may be considered slanderous over the racist remark, as I'm sure this is a false statement - I don't think it was supposed to come over as being racist. Then again, it can be argued it's not slanderous as it doesn't appear to have ruined/damaged his reputation.

The journalist shouldn't have used "fat" though, as by using an adjective she/he is putting their own thoughts on him, which you're not supposed to do when writing an article. Then again, he isn't the skinniest being..;)

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyles might well comment on this article in his show (probably for comedic effect), but he'd never take legal action. This is because despite the fact that he can be a bit of an annoying twerp on occasion, he's not a hypocrite. Whilst he doles out the insults to others, he is certainly old and ugly (;)) enough to cope with taking them in return.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Yeah, but a joke to some is funny. Others, however, can take offence. It's just a matter of beliefs and opinions.

well, yes but every joke in the work will offend someone so does that mean that all jokes should be banned ?

if you listen to Moyles then you expect him to be funny & make jokes, even if he inadvertently makes a joke that offends you (its not actually you he is making the joke about) you cannot laugh at Moyles jokes when they are aimed at someone else & then moan when a joke is made about something that inadvertently offends you.

how does Moyles saying "sorry" make it better ?

he said "sorry" because he was told to & for no other reason !

i think Moyles should sue, oh wait a minute !

what about a fat person reading the Mail are they not offended by the word FAT ?

a better way to get at the Mail is to mention the war & that they were on the losing side !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k7U-_tJVmw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k7U-_tJVmw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i am sorry if the above video offended anyone, sorry that you don't have a sense of humor :)

:)

Give me strength...

I know it might be a bad move for Moyles, in himself, But I think it's time that the presenters, the comedians, started fighting back, a Lawsuit or three, get the media and all that off of there highhorse and get this idiotic Beeb bashing shot down.

Also, I expected more from the Mirror to be honest...

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Maybe so but it's my friend who got upset and unless you have a polish friend who wasn't offended by the item, you can't really comment can you. As for me making myself appear stupid, you can't really talk. Still, an idiots born every minute so your not alone.

I said you were making yourself look stupid with the argument you were presenting. You have now proceeded to make a personal remark to someone you have A. Never met and B. Have as far as I'm aware never made my self look stupid in anyway on this website. How pathetic.

I will admit to not knowing a Polish person but I do know a person from the west country who doesn't find Chris offensive when he mocks them and a gay person who doesn't find Chris offensive when he takes the mick out of Aled. I also live in Loughborough; a place Chris mocked none stop for a week two years ago when he came to do the Rallyoke.

May I suggest your Polish friend becomes accustomed British humour, and that of Chris Moyles, lightens up and stops taking all our jobs. (Yes the latter was a joke, am I making an apology, am I heck.)

ChrisHewgill.jpg

I will admit to not knowing a Polish person but I do know a person from the west country who doesn't find Chris offensive when he mocks them and a gay person who doesn't find Chris offensive when he takes the mick out of Aled. I also live in Loughborough; a place Chris mocked none stop for a week two years ago when he came to do the Rallyoke.

Its quite a strange thing really. Moyles makes so many potentially dangerous remarks everyday, regularly focussing on the same thing, over and over again, and few if not no one makes a fuss. Nicking your examples, I know people from down south who not only sound like Carries Cousin, but make fun of themselves! When it comes to aled and making a joke out of his Gayness, I know alot of gay folk who aren't offeded by it, I'm gay and not offended by it!

these regular things which some would say far out weigh the recent remarks go just about unnoticed, buit Single, one off comments, usually said in passing, get so many complaints, media attention, blown out of all proportion etc. It's stupid! I'm getting to be quite sick of this country and all of its mardy idiots now.

:x

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

I said you were making yourself look stupid with the argument you were presenting. You have now proceeded to make a personal remark to someone you have A. Never met and B. Have as far as I'm aware never made my self look stupid in anyway on this website. How pathetic.

May I suggest your Polish friend becomes accustomed British humour, and that of Chris Moyles, lightens up and stops taking all our jobs. (Yes the latter was a joke, am I making an apology, am I heck.)

Thank you spokesman for the BNP, you have just proved my point. Your last comment is out of order completely. Sort your head out, views such as that have no place in todays society.

Gordon Brown says there's light at the end of the tunnel..........