Unofficial Mills

Radio 1's Christmas Schedule 2008

Jono

This year's schedule ranges from Scott Mills on Breakfast in the run up to Christmas and Christmas Day, a Ten Hour Takeover after New Year's Day and Moyles taking over New Year's Day. There's also an emphasis on dance music on New Year's Eve. There's no R1 Christmas Party this year but there is a new music party.

Saturday 20th December

7am Nick Grimshaw

10am Vernon Kay

1pm Nihal

4pm Fearne and Reggie's Request Show

Sunday 21st December

7am Nick Grimshaw

10am Chapers and Dave's Lie In

1pm Nihal

4pm Fearne and Reggie's Christmas Chart Show

7pm Switch with Nick Grimshaw - Christmas Party with McFly & Kaiser Chiefs

10pm The Surgery with Aled from The Chris Moyles Show

Monday 22nd December

4am Ronnie Herel

7am The Chris Moyles Show with Scott Mills

10am Sara Cox - Getting you in a festive mood

1pm Edith Bowman - Christmas classic, tinsel, mince pies and more!

4pm Greg James

7pm In New Music We Trust Christmas Party - Live from Maida Vale

Tuesday 23rd December

4am Ronnie Herel

4pm Greg James

7pm Radio 1 Presents... The Killers

Wednesday 24th December

4am Ronnie Herel

4pm Greg James

7pm Radio 1 Presents... Metallica

Christmas Day

4am Wake Up To: Rob Da Bank vs Gilles Peterson

7am Scott Mills - Entertains the nation on Xmas Day

10am Greg James - Festive treats and records

1pm Vernon Kay meets Gavin and Stacey

4pm Radio 1's Big Weekend Highlights with Fearne n Reggie

7pm Zane Lowe meets Eminem

8pm Westwood's Christmas Show - a different Sound of Music

Midnight David Hooper's Disgusting Electronica

2am Radio 1's Classic Essential Mix - Kleinenberg's 2001 Mix show

4am Rob Da Bank and Friends - Alphabeat present their A to Z mix

Boxing Day

6am Wake Up To - Eclectic Music

7am Nihal

10am Best of the Live Lounge

1pm Radio 1 At The Movies with James King

4pm Greg James

Saturday 27th December

7am Max from 1Xtra

10am Vernon Kay - Best of guests 2008

4pm Radio 1's Big Weekend Highlights with Fearne n Reggie (Repeat)

Sunday 28th December

7am Max from 1Xtra

10am Chappers and Dave's Lie In

4pm Radio 1's Chart Show with Fearne n Reggie

7pm Switch with Nick Grimshaw - Looking back at Switch Live 2008

10pm The Surgery with Aled from The Chris Moyles Show

Midnight Rob Da Bank's Cold Turkey Special - Choir of Young Believes in session

2am Rob Da Bank's Radiers of the Lost Archives - With an hour of Live Mars Volta never broadcast before.

4am Rob Da Bank and Friends - Justice present their A to Z mix

Monday 29th December

7am Nihal

10am Chappers

1pm Colin Murray

4pm Greg James

7pm Steve Lamacq's In New Music We Trust - Highlights of 2008

10pm Radio 1 Presents Kings of Leon

Midnight - Classic Essential Mix - Danny Howell's 2002 mix

2am - Classic Essential Mix - High Contrasts' 2002 mix

4am - Rob Da Bank and Friends - David Holmes presents his A to Z mix

Tuesday 30th December

7am Nihal

10am Chappers

1pm Colin Murray

4pm Greg James

7pm Westwood's In New Music We Trust - Highlights of 2008

10pm Radio 1's Drum and Bass Special - Plus the story of Pendulum

Midnight - Classic Essential Mix - Above and Beyond 2004 Mix

2am - Classic Essential Mix - Sasha's 2005 Mix

4am - Rob Da Bank and Friends - Primal Scream's A to Z mix

New Year's Eve 2008

7am Nihal

10am Annie Mac

1pm Colin Murray

4pm Greg James

7pm Zane Lowe - Kicking off the New Year's Eve Party

9pm Radio 1's New Year's Eve Hits Mix

1am Paul Van Dyk - Special exclusive two hour show

3am Zane Lowe and Justice in Ibiza

5am Wake Up To Pete Tong - Eclectic Music

New Year's Day 2009

7am Chris Moyles' All Day Breakfast - Highlights from the past 5 years.

7pm Huw Stephens' In New Music We Trust

9pm In New Movies We Trust

10pm In New Style We Trust

11pm In New Games We Trust

Midnight Radio 1's Classic Essential Mix - Trentemoller's 2006 Mix

2am Radio 1's Classic Essential Mix - The session you've voted for

4am Rob Da Bank and Friends - High Contrasts' A to Z mix.

Friday 2nd January

7am Ten Hour Takeover with Nihal (Starts 9am)

10am Ten Hour Takeover with Annie Mac

1pm Ten Hour Takeover with Colin Murray

4pm Ten Hour Takeover with Greg James

7pm Annie Mac's Mash Up

11pm Judge Jules (rest of the night continues as normal)

Saturday 3rd January

7am Max off of 1Xtra

10am Chappers and Dave

1pm Nihal

4pm Greg James' Request Show

Sunday 4th January

7am Max off of 1Xtra

10am Chappers and Dave

1pm Nihal

4pm Radio 1's Chart Show with Scott Mills

7pm Switch with Annie Mac and Nick Grimshaw

10pm The Surgery

Monday 5th January to Thursday 8th January

4am Ronnie Herel

6.30am The Chris Moyles Show with Scott Mills

10am Sara Cox

1pm Edith Bowman

4pm Greg James

7pm Huw Stephens

Friday 9th January

4am Ronnie Herel

6.30am The Chris Moyles Show with Scott Mills

10am Sara Cox

1pm Edith Bowman

4pm Greg James

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed there's no Christmas Party like the last two years. They were a highlight being able to see Edith and Scott's show going out live. Other than the INMWT Party and Christmas Day schedule they don't seem to have excelled themselves with real "live" content to get excited about.

This year's schedule ranges from Scott Mills on Breakfast in the run up to Christmas and Christmas Day, a Ten Hour Takeover after New Year's Dave and Moyles taking over New Year's Day. There's also an emphasis on dance music on New Year's Eve. There's no R1 Christmas Party this year but there is a new music party.

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

He'll get behind a microphone, play some records, and do some talking about movies. I know it's a difficult concept but I can assure you he's capable of the challenge.

I just thought it might be a bit boring as he is normally only on for what 30 mins? With the help of Edith as well.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

I just thought it might be a bit boring as he is normally only on for what 30 mins? With the help of Edith as well.

Each to their own. He knows what he's talking about and as there's a three week gap in movie talk he'll have plenty to say.

:D

Ten Hour Take Over

Greg James

Colin Murray

Rob da Bank

Scott on breakfast

Aled's surgery

The Big Moyles Show

:(

Max from 1Xtra

Lack of Christmas party

Trevor not being on R1

I like Max.... The fact that she's fit as hell may have something to do with it! But I'm slightly disappointed that there's no party this year- obviously feeling the effects of the Credit Crunch!

I love hearing Mills in the morning, and I come back from skiing on the 20th so I get to listen to him which I'm pleased about. Up until the 20th is the line-up the same? Is Scott still on at 4?

www.drainpipeclothing.com