Unofficial Mills

Rajars Q3 2008

Viv

Lots of things can influence the figures. Maybe its not so much about moyles... more about the other stations putting up a better show. I have just started getting DAB radio in my area. Its maybe the same for others..

But I did notice one thing. Chris made a compliment about greg james show. Normally he just dismisses him . Maybe now he is starting to fear the new boy... much younger. Doesn't know what a shackletons high seat chair is.... is able to connect with the young because he is one of them.

Now he is not quite the saviour he is maybe starting to look over his shoulder. Greg james is really very funny. With a team behind him he could easily replace scott or chris moyles... and for half the price.

The whole idea of a brekfast show is to get people to work with a smile on their face, your not going to achieve this by playing music that you are gonna hear all day as it is.

I tend to listen on my radio alarm, and find that music is much better to get me out of bed then chat, whether it is switching the radio off cos the song is rubbish or bouncing out of bed to a good song!

Apparently Chris' view on the drop in figures is this:

"I gotta be honest, I think the show's sounding great. I know there's a lot of people who love what we do, so my view is give them what they want and hopefully when new people tune in they'll like it and stay."

caitlynmac.png

But I did notice one thing. Chris made a compliment about greg james show. Normally he just dismisses him . Maybe now he is starting to fear the new boy... much younger. Doesn't know what a shackletons high seat chair is.... is able to connect with the young because he is one of them.

Now he is not quite the saviour he is maybe starting to look over his shoulder. Greg james is really very funny. With a team behind him he could easily replace scott or chris moyles... and for half the price.

I totally agree with this. Good post.

Also, Moyles was saying the other morning that the people who stay have liked him from the beginning. Well, this, I think is where the slight complacency comes in: I've been there from the beginning, and yet, on at least a few occasions recently, have put the radio off and listened to CDs instead.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Apparently Chris' view on the drop in figures is this:

"I gotta be honest, I think the show's sounding great. I know there's a lot of people who love what we do, so my view is give them what they want and hopefully when new people tune in they'll like it and stay."

According to The Mirror:

Gobby Chris Moyles told his listeners he is "gutted" after another 190,000 of them snubbed his Radio 1 show.

Moyles said: "I know there's a lot of people who love what we do so my view is give them what they want and hopefully when new people tune in they'll like it and stay.

"We're totally gutted the figures are down. It's really, really disappointing."

Guest CancerForTheCure

Moyles said: "I know there's a lot of people who love what we do so my view is give them what they want and hopefully when new people tune in they'll like it and stay.

"We're totally gutted the figures are down. It's really, really disappointing."

Gotta love inconsistency, eh ;) Personally, I used to be addicted to the show and I was listening to it every day, all the time, even in the bathroom :) Recently however I don't find it as entertaining as I used to and even though I get up at 6:30 every day I hardly ever listen. I try though :P

I can't say I tuned in at all for the LA shows. I heard the first show and it just didn't appeal so I switched off for that. It bared the same annoyance as the Scott Cam shows where he just reminded us he was in his flat every link.

I think the shows are sounding good at the moment buy we won't see that reflected until the next set of RAJARs. I was a missing listener for another set of listening figures but I shall be included in the next set.

I guess Moyles is concerned that he'll lose some of his wage at the next contract discussion. That is a worrying thought at such tough times ;)

I like what he does. He is funny. He does annoy me at times. He can be a real bully... but he does talk too much. I like to hear music as well. Mind you chappers and dave go the opposite way. They play two songs back to back all the time. Even three!

Thats probably beacause they play by the rules and play all the music they are supposed to as apposed to Chris playing what he wants.

I would be very surprised if Moyles gets a coxy style warning to turn ratings round. I cant see BBC letting him go anytime soon

james_ryder.png

Hmm I don't really appreciate toilet humour first thing in the morning-still I'd rather they talked about burping than poo!

Thought the "Ministry of Listeners" was a bit sad and desperate- felt quite sorry for Aled having to bribe people with tea and pancakes to listen to the show.

caitlynmac.png

Thought the "Ministry of Listeners" was a bit sad and desperate- felt quite sorry for Aled having to bribe people with tea and pancakes to listen to the show.

Haha, nah, that entertained me. As long as Moyles doesn't harp on about it for too long. He has a habit of taking things too far (as does Scott sometimes).

I think Moyles plays little music as it is. I don't think they should get rid of the music all together, some of the funniest situations come from their reaction to songs and it wouldn't be the radio without music.

Yes it would. Radio can exist without music. But I'll take the point on the reactions to the songs. Also, fair enough that they need breaks and a lack of advertising means that music takes its place. I just wish the rules were more lax on it. I usually always skip the music wherever I can.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm. I always find it unusual that people can skip music. For me, the day a radio stops playing music will be the day I will stop tuning in. :)

With you on that Viv, I could listen to Mills for 3 hours flat with no breaks. Plus without must there would ahve been no yo gabba gabba/ting tings mix, cone head or smell my cheese (Bob Sinclar wouldn't have gone on if he had nothing to promote)

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru