Unofficial Mills

Hello from the States

DelDalek

Hey folks. Glad to be here today! I'm currently residing in a town called Bear, which is a suburb of Wilmington, Delaware. I'm a big fan of several of the BBC radio shows, but until I get Sirius Radio (currently have XM until the complete merger), I can only listen via podcasts. Still, it makes the work day more bearable. I'm hoping to have the opportunity to post somewhat frequently here. Hope everyone has a great upcoming weekend :evil:.

"The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma"- P. Star The Secret Box

Hey folks. Glad to be here today! I'm currently residing in a town called Bear, which is a suburb of Wilmington, Delaware. I'm a big fan of several of the BBC radio shows, but until I get Sirius Radio (currently have XM until the complete merger), I can only listen via podcasts. Still, it makes the work day more bearable. I'm hoping to have the opportunity to post somewhat frequently here. Hope everyone has a great upcoming weekend :evil:.

Welcome along! I'm looking forward to the weekend! :)

I get it!

:D:P

Welcome!

Actually, Cringle, I didn't realize I had put Bear twice in my post! I like the town name as well, but it isn't half as interesting as it sounds.. I guess I've been listening to the podcast for around 6 months or so. Unfortunately, it's easy to get stuff stuck in my head, so I've been known to sing the Dave Spoon tune whilst bored at work. I also have the Oh, What's Occuring? snippet downloaded to my mobile and have it set to announce text messages. I admit it, I'm a Mills junkie...

Welcome to the forum DelDalek!

Woah look! It's DJ Drew!

Hey Phoenix! Yep, a couple hours away depending on where in VA you are. I've downloaded the software needed for the live stream, but don't get enough time to listen. I'll have to devote more time to it. What time Eastern does the Mills show stream live?

Ta, Phoenix!

I would get SO confused living in the states.

5 time zones?!

I guess you get used to it. Continental US is actually 4 zones with the the Northeast and say, California being 3 hours difference. I think Daylight Savings Time is worse because we have some states that don't participate in it!

We have 4 time zones: Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific. And then there's Alaska and Hawaii but I'm not sure about those but there are 4 in the continental US. I live in Virginia, on the East Coast, and in California, on the West Coast, they are 3 hours behind. and fyi the UK is 5 hours ahead

and oh yes the UK begins daylight savings several weeks before us. back then it took me ages to figure out why Scott was not coming on at 11 anymore. or maybe ours changes before theirs. not sure but it'll even out in about 3 weeks or so

myspace.com/phoenixstarr21

Ours changed a week ago tonight, thanks for the explanation! :)

Yep, we change ours tonight. The increase in our daylight savings time is probably the only thing good that happened while "that man" was in office.