Unofficial Mills

afternoons with vernon

E*F*4L

well Fearne 'literately' ;) did a brilliant job of covering for Edith the past few weeks, i was pleasantly surprised & even more so that everyone else thought she did a good job also :D

now that she is worn out, Mr Vernon is doing his bit to help out & he does a good show on his own on weekends but we all know weekdays are a bit more difficult, & although he is very enthusiastic about stuff & things, i hope that he can incorporate the same excitability that Edith & Fearne give to the show.

i think Vern will do ok, but Fearne has surprised us all & has set the bar very high, good luck Vern :)

:)

Can't believe I'm saying this, but from what I caught, Fearne's shows weren't bad at all. She was less frantic and irritating than usual, her producers had obviously done a fair bit of work and her sense of humour came across, finally!

Back on topic. Sooooo pleased to get a bit more Vernon action. It's a pleasure to hear his dulcet tones (ahem), during the week, Saturday afternoon just isn't enough.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

yes i agree that fearne set the bar high

and yes i think vernon will match it.

although i think vern will have to brush up on his simple broadcasting techniques like hitting the end of the news ramp wit out crashing etc. crashing vocals and good timings, hitting the news and ending the show. both him and dick & dom are really bad, although D&D are worse - their fading is suicidal.