Unofficial Mills

Do you know the World Map?

Danishgirl

I found this amazing game where you have to guess the countries of the world. You get the name of a country and then have to click in the right place on the map.

My best score was 75, when I played it with my mum it was 83 or something like that.

http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/worldmap/worldmap.html

Unfortunately I'm rubbish at Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and the area around Viet Nam and Indonesia, and I'm not very good at the countries around Cuba, Panama and all that either...

Anyway, I just thought I'd show it to you and maybe see if you can do better than me :)

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

I reckon I'd be quite good at this. I'm good at the game called Geosense, used to play it at school. I can't have a go at the moment though as I am online on my mobile in the pub. I'll come back to it.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

*Nati stamps foot and pouts*.

Pfffff. That's a rubbish quiz. Why do they keep on changing the names of countries nowadays? The map was too small and I got tricky ones.

I shan't be admitting to my score.

PS. It would be more educational if the game actually told you the name of the countries you got wrong.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

*Nati stamps foot and pouts*.

Pfffff. That's a rubbish quiz. Why do they keep on changing the names of countries nowadays? The map was too small and I got tricky ones.

I shan't be admitting to my score.

PS. It would be more educational if the game actually told you the name of the countries you got wrong.

Oh, yes, you're right about that.

I keep getting countries like Brunei, Burundi, Djiboudji.... and I still don't know where they are...

You can zoom in, by the way, and move the map around.

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

I got 74.

European, Asian and North American nations were a cinch but African and Central American nations were tricky. South America wasn't too bad.

I'm not sure why my geographical knowledge of the northern hemisphere should be greater than the southern. It must be some kind of inherent geo-political bias of significance, relevance and importance affecting how I remember where nations are located on the globe.