Unofficial Mills

Where do you go on your holidays?

Jono

I never go anywhere on holiday and never have, so I'm going to be useless with this thread. But here's your opportunity to make me feel jealous. Where have you been and where would you like to go? Were you the sort to go to Centre Parcs or Butlins, or was it just a crap camping holiday in a caravan or tent?

I'm with you Jono :( not had a proper holiday for years !

Hopfully that will change next year.

On boats. Anywhere you can hire a boat. Awesomeness.

I did a canal boat holiday years ago ( bad idea to go on a working holiday with lazy friends and their kids ) Apart from that it was fantastic :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually I do own the road

Guest CancerForTheCure

I go away almost every year, usually with my family. I've only been on holidays in Europe though - Croatia, Spain, Switzerland, Slovakia, the Czech Rep, Italy, Germany and obviously Poland, some of them a few times. I don't go on regular holidays as often as I used to due to my visits to Poland but I'll try to catch up soon. However, I think I need to start visiting other continents, I'm slightly fed up with Europe. Possibly Egypt next. I love holidays.

Last month I went to New York for 2 days followed by an 8 Day Caribbean Cruise (to Charlotte Amile (St Thomas), San Juan (Puerto Rico) & Labadee (Haiti)) which was amazing :D

I am very, very lucky holidaywise, I usually go on holiday with my mum and dad and they pay it for me. Most recent past holidays include:

2007 ~ 14 Day Cruise from Vancouver to Wrangell, Tracy Arm Fjord, Icy Strait Point, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan (all Alaska) then on to Seattle, San Francisco & San Diego

2006 ~ 2 weeks in Virginia with a day @ Washington DC

2005 ~ Canada for 2 weeks for my cousin's wedding.

2004 ~ Was supposed to be Las Vegas but my dad was taken into hospital and we had to cancel :(

2003 ~ 1 week in Florida & 1 Week on a Caribbean Cruise including Cozumel, Crand Caymen, Costa Maya and I am sure there was at least 1 more stop....

2002 ~ 2 week tour of California & The West Coast of America on a bus but it was AMAZING!!!!! We saw (in no particular order) Las Vegas, San Francisco, The Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Los Angeles, San Diego and possibly some more places! One of the best holidays of my life!!!

Can't remember any more off the top of my head but I am lucky enough to go away every year and not have to pay for it! :oops:

Spoiled? Me? Ya think?

glitzy.jpg

Hmm I've done most of western Europe, I LOVE Barcelona. I've been on a few boating holidays in my time which I enjoyed. USA a couple of times. New Orleans at New year was fun. Turkey was cool, we got smuggled over the border so we could get mega cheap Duty Free! I've been to South Africa twice, Zimbabwe, Botswana and then my whole travelling thing round South America, deserts, snowboarding, rock and roll and I caused the collapse of the Argentinian economy about 10 years ago!

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

We, I and my family, travel every summer. We usually go to France (I've been there 5 times that I remember, and we're going there this summer again) or Norway/Sweden (we've got a good friend in Sweden and family - my uncle, his wife, daughter, son and grandson - in Norway).

Other than that I've been to Ireland when I was three or four (for some reason I remember my bed very clearly) and England/Scotland - one time when I was 12, I think (I was in Oban, Scotland, during that thing with the bombs in the London buses and all that!), then we went to Greenock to visit my brothers last year and we're going there again this fall.

And then I have been on holiday in Denmark - small visits to Copenhagen or Aarhus, longer visits to northern Jutland and Bornholm.

I think that's about it. Not much, really.

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

My dad prefers staying in the country as he feels it's safer to let me wander off, so we usually go to Center Parcs, which we've deferred to New Year for now. With my Mum it's generally exactly the same place in Spain which I've got rather bored of now. This summer I'm going to Paris with my School's music department but that's it.

I went to New York last Easter, been to France about 4 times. Ireland, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Monaco (which is France, but like... different) Singapore for a few days, New Zealand <3, Canada, Quebec, Iraq (not really holiday...), Jordan, Dubai, Crete.

The only places I've been to in the UK are: Birmingham, Stoke, Norwich, Manchester, Wales, Glasgow, Edinburgh and London. Stoke was to visit the boyfriend that moved away and for an interview (on the same day..), Norwich was for an interview, Manchester was for the Iraqi voting thing, Wales was to visit friends of the family, Glasgow to visit my sister, Edinburgh for the Edinburgh Festival (I went to see an author.. oh yeah, I'm cool) and London is really to go to the airports and we stay over night with a friend normally. Couple of day trips I guess.

But this summer I'm going to Cumbria to stay in a cottage with 5 of my friends and do whatever 6 girls do in a cottage. And outside the cottage as well.

This year I'm going to Rome for a weekend in early August with an ex-boyfriend (odd I know, but we're still good friends) and then I'm off to Indonesia (Bali, specifically) for a week for a proper holiday at the end of August. Come home and have another week off work :)