Unofficial Mills

do you believe in love online?

popbitcher

:o Of course it's not a physical act, it's all about emotions. I cannot believe that people actually ENJOY one-night stands. Then again it's not something I've tried so I can't really talk.

It's not really a one night stand though, is it? If it's a friend I guess there is a certain amount of emotion in it. Not that I'm condoning it here.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest CancerForTheCure
It's not really a one night stand though, is it? If it's a friend I guess there is a certain amount of emotion in it. Not that I'm condoning it here.

Yeah I know, I was referring to sleeping with people in general as opposed to sleeping with your friends.

Actually when it comes to it I find it difficult to have friends of the opposite sex without there being some sexual tension in there at some point. This opens up the whole When Harry Met Sally debate. Having fuck buddies is just one way of dealing with the issue.

I think sex is both a physical and an emotional act. Some people are better than others at separating the act from the emotions.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Guest CancerForTheCure

I find it quite difficult to be friends with girls (as most of the time they annoy me haha :D Gutted as I go to a school for girls :P). I have quite a lot of male friends but for some reason people don't believe there are no emotions involved when you're friends with a boy.

I do. I mean I have a mate who I see as more than just a mate but most of th guys im friends with are just that - friends.

But do they see you as just a friend?

I have fairly recently lost a friend over this because he couldn't deal with me not liking him in the same way that he likes me.

Another male friend was getting a bit touchy-feely last weekend when he'd had a few beers. I think he's just lonely and frustrated though.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I think sex is both a physical and an emotional act. Some people are better than others at separating the act from the emotions.

Good point Lucinda. I certainly was able to separate the two in my first year at Uni. I considered most of my 'boyfriends' from that time as F buddys really.

I have quite a few male friends with whom the issue of sex honestly doesn't get in the way of our friendship. Mind you, lots of them are gay. Right fag hag me...

I haven't needed an F buddy for quite a while. When you're in a good relationship it shouldn't be necessary really.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Just for the record I have never had a 1 night stand but I have had one or two people in the past who I could call up and if they were available have some fun with. We didn't really do anything else together so we're not friends in that sense. Buddy's is a good word. Like drinking buddies. People you only see in the pub. These were people I mainly only saw mainly in the bedroom.

And yes I'm great at separating the act from the emotion when I want to.

I also have friends of the opposite sex that I'd never dream of sleeping with. They're more like sisters to me and i'm not from Norwich!

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

But do they see you as just a friend?

I have fairly recently lost a friend over this because he couldn't deal with me not liking him in the same way that he likes me.

Another male friend was getting a bit touchy-feely last weekend when he'd had a few beers. I think he's just lonely and frustrated though.

Most of them do actually. It is possible to just be friends. I know a lot of people who disagree with this but I have also worked with a lot of guys and am in a course where most of my coursemates are male and am friends with them all without wanting to sleep with them all and most of them dont want to sleep with me.

Does anyone actually believe in friendship between boys and girls?

I would... but recently most guys I know have been flirting with me quite heavily.

I definitely used to. Girls are too bitchy for me and I get on really well with lads.

Going to an all girls' school, being seen talking with a guy means that you're sleeping with him though...

Practically all the guys at my college don't seem to be able to flirt, its bizarre.

:S

That or they are in a relationship. Finding a decent, single bloke seems impossible sometimes.

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

Guest CancerForTheCure
I would... but recently most guys I know have been flirting with me quite heavily.

I definitely used to. Girls are too bitchy for me and I get on really well with lads.

Going to an all girls' school, being seen talking with a guy means that you're sleeping with him though...

I know what you mean. It never seems to be 100% friendship. One of my best friends was madly in love with me. 2 of my good friends are my ex's. I had one friend (whom I miss quite a lot) with whom I was very close with, too close. In the end he couldn't just be friends with me, and I felt quite sorry for my boyfriend who did not like us being friends very much, although he didn't complain. So we stopped being friends. I haven't seen him for a year... Just to clarify, we were never FWB, I DID have a boyfriend after all. But yeah after that I sort of stopped believing in friendship between boys and girls.

Argh going to an all girls' school is awful. They call us sluts on the hill for some reason :( And everyone is indeed very bitchy, it's unbearable sometimes.

I know what you mean. It never seems to be 100% friendship. One of my best friends was madly in love with me. 2 of my good friends are my ex's. I had one friend (whom I miss quite a lot) with whom I was very close with, too close. In the end he couldn't just be friends with me, and I felt quite sorry for my boyfriend who did not like us being friends very much, although he didn't complain. So we stopped being friends. I haven't seen him for a year... Just to clarify, we were never FWB, I DID have a boyfriend after all. But yeah after that I sort of stopped believing in friendship between boys and girls.

Argh going to an all girls' school is awful. They call us sluts on the hill for some reason :( And everyone is indeed very bitchy, it's unbearable sometimes.

Haha! Our year group is called the "Brothel on the Hill".

Flirting is EASY! How can they not do it? The main problem with London is not so much finding someone decent but rather finding someone decent who lives vaguely in your area. I'm trying to fix my mate up lately and whenever we go out we can always find the people but they always seem to live on the opposite side of London to us. There's no-where good to go out where we are.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

Guest CancerForTheCure
Haha! Our year group is called the "Brothel on the Hill".

haha :D Is it a baseless accusation or is there a reason for it? There are two or three girls in our school who look and act very desperate and that's probably the reason for our name.

haha :D Is it a baseless accusation or is there a reason for it? There are two or three girls in our school who look and act very desperate and that's probably the reason for our name.

Well, considering there's 35 girls altogether... It is quite well founded. I haven't really added to it, but most guys from the nearby boys school have had a go at a fair few girls here.