do you believe in love online?

popbitcher

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i got chatting to someone on this website and quite like him. i won't make him blush and name him, but i was wondering do you think it could work whether it's just friends or in a romantic way? (and if we do meet i won't be cooking him pasta!) :D :kiss:

Not "love" necessarily... It's easier to get to know people. I can admit that I have fallen for someone I met online (he went to the nearby boys school, timing issues meant we could never meet properly).

It's easy to fall in love online actually... You have time to think about what you're going to say, so you don't end up looking like a retarded fool. But then meeting in person can become a real downer if you are a retarded fool.

It depends. I never used to believe in love at first sight, but then I found myself falling hard and fast with one guy.

I met my girlfriend through myspace. She added me and we got chatting. I think you can often tell if someone is right for you, it's often whether the other person can work that out about you.

I met Hannahisgreat through Unofficial Mills, and I'd consider her a good friend. Certainly if I need a geeky chat about Radio 1 I turn to her. We went to the Christmas parties at Radio 1 together as she's quite close to London. After a year of talking it didn't seem that weird.

I've been in a case or two where the person on the other end of the line doesn't want to meet you and it just seems to turn into lust based on drunken chats. It's not a good situation to be in, as it appears you're loving someone and they're just lusting. It's not something to be proud of.

PS. Oh, and what happened between the Chaos and Danni romance?

Seriously I wish people would stop falling for me all the time. :P

I think while it is possible to fall in love with someone you chat to on-line. You have to remember that people CAN be different in real life...not always but they can be.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

Seriously I wish people would stop falling for me all the time. :P

I think while it is possible to fall in love with someone you chat to on-line. You have to remember that people CAN be different in real life...not always but they can be.

I don't think you get any points for being honest about being a 50 year old perv though :P

Guest CancerForTheCure

I think it's possible.

I met my best friend online - aaaages ago. We would never be a couple as he lives 2000 km away from me and I've only seen him twice but we always had a thing for each other and we don't really like it when the other person gets with someone else :) (although he quite likes me current boyfriend, so I'm safe) So yeah I suppose it depends on the distance...

I've made some great friends through the internet, most of whom I've never met. I think it is possible to fall for people online, definitely. I find I am more confident talking to people online and tend to get into deeper conversations more quickly than when I meet people in person.

I got to know my current best friend/friend with benefits better through MSN messenger when we had a very long chat one night despite living only a few hundred metres apart from each other. Before that, I'd only really talked to him in passing and we didn't know each other that well.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Oh dear, tragic mental images of Andy B being Lucinda's FWB! ;)

"This takes me back to days in the war..."

No offence Andy but absolutely not!

My 'FWB' is someone I met in person through uni.

Yes, I have met Andy B, and several other people from this site.

And what's that then? What benefits? You mean they claim disability allowance or something?

Edit - HANG ON! - WHADDYA MEAN "Absolutely not!" - I'm bloody gorgeous me!

Sorry but I'd never date a smoker.

I can't help thinking a friend with a good job would be better than a friend on benefits... (have a look at your signature Jono.)