Unofficial Mills

Edith Bowman's maternity leave

iain_smith

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she is being replaced then personally I think it'll be one of the most experienced lads. Colin Murray, Nihal or Vernon Kay. Although with Vernon's current television commitments it probably won't be him.

Greg could manage it. Fearne Cotton and Kelly Osbourne (!) are outsiders.

Guest CancerForTheCure

Oh noooo not Colin! I love listening to him in the evening but I don't always listen to Edith. It should be Greg 'cause I'm NEVER up that early.

cant see it being colin - who would fill his slot (Rob Da Bank maybe?), and its toos oo for Greg - things are working for him where he is for now! Nihals has commitments on Asian Network Mon - Fri, so really only leaves Vernon, Fearne or Reggie! Maybe they will all play a part!

I think perhaps you're all looking a little too much into it. There's one person who would be in his element presenting a show about movies and would prevent there being little change to the schedule - and that's James King.

Radio 1 have shown they're perfectly happy giving shows to co-hosts to keep the balance while presenters are on maternity leave - they gave Grimmy the BBC Switch show.

James is already there half of the week, it won't make much difference to do an extra few days work.

Id be really sad if it was James King. the movies are a part of Edith's show I always deliberately avoid, and I just cant see him having enough personality to carry a show 5 days a week!

But I do think Edith is starting to need a proper rest, she keeps making really silly mistakes and blaming it on being pregnant!

Id be really sad if it was James King. the movies are a part of Edith's show I always deliberately avoid, and I just cant see him having enough personality to carry a show 5 days a week!

But it's a movie show :confused: