Unofficial Mills

Massive fire at Camden market

iain_smith

Gosh, that looks awful. I was only there walking around in November when Celebrity Scissorhands was there. Lovely place, very cultural. They believe it might be an electrical fault.

Ironically Camden is where the person that hacked my mum's bank account is.

Gosh, that looks awful. I was only there walking around in November when Celebrity Scissorhands was there. Lovely place, very cultural. They believe it might be an electrical fault.

Ironically Camden is where the person that hacked my mum's bank account is.

You're not secretly hoping theyre burning to death are you?:|

This is so sad :(

Camden Lock market was a beautiful part of London.

Had a stroll around with my friend Megan. We just wandered around for most of the afternoon. So many lovely sights and wacky things being sold. Some spaced out guy told us to "find the love". Haha.

Sky: "The Hawley Arms... very popular amongst younger people... Mighty Boosh character "Neil Fielding" visited there." He must be a fan!

Had a stroll around with my friend Megan. We just wandered around for most of the afternoon. So many lovely sights and wacky things being sold. Some spaced out guy told us to "find the love". Haha.

Sky: "The Hawley Arms... very popular amongst younger people... Mighty Boosh character "Neil Fielding" visited there." He must be a fan!

I love the fact that most of the stalls were in very old fashioned stables.

So much history has now disappeared. Like you say, very weird and wacky item's for sale.

I watched 3 sad film today, but this new's has brought tear's to my eye's.

I'm so gutted :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually I do own the road

I spent almost every Sunday afternoon at Camden Lock and Market in my youth, so this has saddened me.

Noone was seriously injured, and I'd say the frames of the old stables (buildings with antique stalls in) and cobblestones will still be intact though.

Let's just hope the local council doesn't use this as an opportunity to rebuild and gentrify the entire area. Conspracy theory #9852054.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

:shock: just look at all that smoke that is floating about in the air, i bet Ken Livingston is rubbing his hands with glee just thinking about how much money he can fine/tax the people whose property's have caused all this pollution :*

That will be the 1st thing on his mind, the money grabbing b*@@**d :*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually I do own the road

They were going to knock it down and redevelop it anyway. Locals I spoke to all think something suspicious has gone on.

This wouldn't surprise me in the least.

What a shame. So now Camden lock will become all offices or astronomically-priced bijoux residences for overpaid city types! :(

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

The bill for the blaze which devastated Camden Market could top £30 million.

Shops and stalls were gutted by 100ft flames which swept through the market on Saturday night. More than 450 people had to leave their homes with some spending the night in a sports centre.

The Hawley Arms, a pub used by Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty, may have to be demolished and is one of 300 businesses under threat. No one was hurt in the blaze.

Winehouse dedicated her success at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles to Camden saying: "This is for London because Camden Town is burning down."

Drinkers including Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles and Sadie Frost's boyfriend Kristian Marr were among those evacuated from the pub as flames and thick smoke poured in.

As police and fire investigators continue to probe the cause of the fire today, traders vowed to re-open, possibly as early as next week. The market is estimated to attract 30 million visitors a year.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23436837-details/Cost+of+Camden+fire+to+hit+%C2%A330m/article.do