What sucks in your life?

popbitcher

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Being stuck in on a Saturday and having nothing to do because the vast majority of my mates work at weekends so I've got nothing to do and nobody to do anything with

Having a friend who doesnt seem to wanna help me get with 1 of her friends, or doesnt seem to realise I need her help to get with 1 of her friends also sucks

Not impressed with censorship

This thread really does make for some depressing reading :( not got anything much to add to it right now. I've got things on my mind but think I am able to deal with them at the moment.

I'm sending out a huge hug to everyone. Sounds like everyone needs it.

I've had suicide on my mind lately, not that it's something I've ever considered, but I have a friend who attempted it around about a year ago, and I only met him after that, but he still isn't in a great way. Just making me wonder really how bad things would have to get that the only way to deal with it would be to end it all. It makes me sad, thinking about how many people must be finding themselves in such desperate situations, particularly in the economic time when people are losing jobs and businesses.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I personally think it's when you stop seeing the point in life, and all happiness goes to dust. When the world has beaten down on you for so long you just can't stand the thought of another day of it, and when you realise that the world would be a much nicer place without you. You start to think that your doing the right thing overall, After all, whatever you do will upset people right? and slowly it takes over your thoughts, until... well... yeah.

I've been there before, and it really is the darkest point you can ever get to in your life. It's not that it seems like it'll ever stop, but more like it never can stop. Luckily I was brought back from the edge in the end. Sadly I know if I think about it enough that I'm going that way again, and it scares me slightly, as this time there aren't any people who could bring me back again if I was to return to that mindset. So I'm battling with myself to stop it happening again, but losing =[

I need help don't I?

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Yeah, I think you're right. I haven't exactly been there myself. I was very depressed when I was 12 though and had nothing to keep me going really. I was never quite on the edge, but I was near it. Nick Hornby's book A Long Way Down gave me an interesting perspective on the issue of suicide, it follows the stories of 4 very different characters who are all suicidal. The kinda conclusion is that actually no one is ever miles away from that kind of despair and you can't see it coming. But I still felt better from reading the book in a way that's difficult to explain.

I agree that it sounds like you need help, unfortunately though depression is an illness, but not as easily treated as many illnesses are today. I really hope you find what works for you, the meaning that you need in your life. It makes me feel sad that so many people feel so hopeless.

Yeah, that can work, but if they get cancelled, that's quite a blow. For me, it's music that keeps me going really. I get excited about albums coming out, gigs I'm going to, or just albums that I really love.

It's hard being friends with someone who has attempted suicide, means you worry about them a lot more, and it's a difficult thing to get your head round. Thanks for your insight into the situation. I really hope things do improve for you anyway Nik because no one deserves to feel as bad as you do.

Tomorrow I am making an appointment at the doctors because I am sick of feeling tired all the time and not being able to sleep at night; I'm sick of pretending to be happy because I feel I'm not; I'm sick of having no interests anymore - it's really affecting the way I live at the moment; I'm sick of not wanting to go out anymore (I used to enjoy being social and now I dread it, basically); I'm sick of not wanting to be here (at uni, that is), but then I don't want to go home...argh it's a nightmare. It's not even homesickness or anything because I've been like this for two months.

I spent yesterday in Liverpool with the family and I got upset on the way back here today and now my dad's thrown a right strop because I cried so he'll be awful to my mum and sister on their way home. He didn't even come in to say bye to me. I feel awful because it's as though he feels I'm doing it on purpose, and I feel awful because my mum and sister have to travel back with him :(. I just want to be like my old self again!

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Aww Emma, it does sound to me like you're depressed. Go to the doctor and explain all of this. http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?id=973 is a quick symptom test for depression, see how closely your symptoms fit and definitely go to the doctor.

I got a prescription for some medication that I've been on since February to control acid reflux, and the pharmacist gave me a different brand. This brand contains an ingredient that I am intolerant to. It's the same stuff they put in vitamin pills that makes me really ill. So I have to find the time to go back to the doctor, explain what the problem is, get another prescription, go to the pharmacy and try to get a brand that I can take. I'm starting a full time job tomorrow so don't have time to do any of these things, and I've only got 2 days left of the previous stuff and then I either have to come off the drugs, which will be horrible, or take the ones with mannitol in, which will make me ill :/ it's more stress that I really don't need :(

Aww Emma, it does sound to me like you're depressed. Go to the doctor and explain all of this. http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?id=973 is a quick symptom test for depression, see how closely your symptoms fit and definitely go to the doctor.

I got a prescription for some medication that I've been on since February to control acid reflux, and the pharmacist gave me a different brand. This brand contains an ingredient that I am intolerant to. It's the same stuff they put in vitamin pills that makes me really ill. So I have to find the time to go back to the doctor, explain what the problem is, get another prescription, go to the pharmacy and try to get a brand that I can take. I'm starting a full time job tomorrow so don't have time to do any of these things, and I've only got 2 days left of the previous stuff and then I either have to come off the drugs, which will be horrible, or take the ones with mannitol in, which will make me ill :/ it's more stress that I really don't need :(

It's not fair though - why me? Nothing in my life has happened to make me depressed :confused:. It's a big step to go to the doctors but I decided today I really should go. Scared of crying in front of them though! What a wimp!

Your problem sounds a bit confusing - could you try and make a appointment during your lunch hour to see your doctor?

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Problem is that the doctor I'm actually registered with is based in Nottingham. I've been seeing doctors round here as a temporary patient. I need to register really. I can make an appointment but I'll have to make it for a morning so I'll need to be late to work in order to go to the doctor, which is not great to be doing in my first week in a new job. Haven't really worked out what to do yet. Also my parents are back tomorrow which will greatly add to my stress.

Emma, depression often doesn't happen because of a particular trigger. It is an illness and there shouldn't be shame in going to get help for it. The doctor will be used to people crying, they have to deal with much worse things. Depression can hit anyone at any stage of their life and you shouldn't feel that you can only be depressed for a particular reason. The lack of energy and not feeling like you're enjoying anything in life do sound like classic depression symptoms to me and the best thing you can do is see the doctor. If the doctor isn't helpful, make an appointment to see another doctor at the same practice. You're right, it's not fair.

Also your university should have a counselling service, look up their details and make an appointment to speak to someone there. Counselling doesn't work for everyone and it doesn't really provide solutions, it helps a lot of people to talk things through with someone though and you may find things that are causing or adding to your depression that you don't know about. Also, counselling is generally free while you're at uni, so it's a good time to try it. I hope things get better for you, I'm sending a big hug your way.

Big hugs to everyone in this thread *hugz*

It's awful to feel so down that you don't know what to do and think there's only one way out. I keep going now by looking after my horsey as who knows what would happen to her.

The only person I used to talk to about everything lives in Portsmouth and now has a new girlfriend and not much time for me anymore :cry: But I must keep soldiering on.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

annnnnd my flatmates moved out. I'm so upset it's unbelivable. I mean, according to him, we're still gonna be friends, but I still feel so empty inside now. My bf says Its alright to feel this bad all things considered, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

Also, both the ex-flatmate and my bf now think I'm right on the edge of being suicidal. I don't actually think they're that far wrong tbh. Meh. I'm trying to tell myself things are going to improve, but it seems so impossible now, I honestly don't know what to do.

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

Having a friend who doesnt seem to wanna help me get with 1 of her friends, or doesnt seem to realise I need her help to get with 1 of her friends also sucks

Discovering afore mentioned girl is now in a relationship, may well explain why my friend didnt seem to wanna help me out

Not impressed with censorship

annnnnd my flatmates moved out. I'm so upset it's unbelivable. I mean, according to him, we're still gonna be friends, but I still feel so empty inside now. My bf says Its alright to feel this bad all things considered, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

Also, both the ex-flatmate and my bf now think I'm right on the edge of being suicidal. I don't actually think they're that far wrong tbh. Meh. I'm trying to tell myself things are going to improve, but it seems so impossible now, I honestly don't know what to do.

Awww Nik I'm really sorry to hear this :( it must be really gutting living on your own. Do you know anyone else who could move in? Or could you advertise for someone new, maybe at your college? I really hope you're ok. Your ex-flatmate and bf clearly both care about you a lot, despite what's happened lately with your flatmate.

Life is throwing a lot of shit at a lot of people at the moment. Another big hug to everyone and I hope you all manage to cope with things.

Having struggled with depression for over a decade since suffering PTSD, survived two OD attempts, and now dependent on anti-depressants, I would advise anyone who feels suicidal to speak to someone, even the Samaritans.

Depression is an illness caused by brain chemistry. Things around you and your life will all be amplified on the downside because of a lack of dopamine and or serotonin. It's not a case of cheering up, which is one of the worst things you can say to someone suffering from depression. Anyone can suffer from depression, it doesn't recognise social standing, wealth or anything like that, the same as pig flu or any other illness does. The term depression is used far too often to describe just feeling fed up. Depression is far more reaching than being just fed up.

The hardest part is recognising it yourself and then seeking professional help. As for suicide, a couple of things to bear in mind,

Some poor sod has to find you no matter how you do it, put yourself in their place.

It's a very selfish act, I'm still incredibly angry at my mate who hanged himself last week. Seeing the distress in the faces of those he's left behind I can only describe as haunting.

'The light at the end of the tunnel was the light of an oncoming train'

it's days like this which make me wonder if it's even worth breathing anymore.

one of my friends just had a right go at me for a mistake i made that only effects me. to do with work and wages, i was pushed out of £50 saturday night because i didn't stand up for myself. so yes it's my own fault, but it only effects me. and to be fair i dont care about £50, i've earned a lot of money recently and i wont be going back to the place i worked at.

but the way he went on, he was calling me everything under the sun. i made a mistake yes, but it dosen't effect his life in any way. i'm really hurt. over the last few months not just him but people have been telling me how to run my life, everything i seem to do is wrong.

i suppose the best thing to do is just fuck off out of everyones life, it's apparent that i'm nothing but a dissapointment to them all.

on the grid.